Post your workspace!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Tunedpipe here are some pic of my model trains I also have some smaller scale ones.
Very cool bro. I have both a ton of N scale and HO scale. I'm going to build my N scale though.
I have an Alaska train also in N scale and a Santa Fe set in HO.
All of my HO is DCC but only analog with my N. I actually prefer N scale and have 5 or 6 trains. I just run switches so I can kill the track in the yard and then run want I want.

Very cool bro. I have both a ton of N scale and HO scale. I'm going to build my N scale though.
I have an Alaska train also in N scale and a Santa Fe set in HO.
All of my HO is DCC but only analog with my N. I actually prefer N scale and have 5 or 6 trains. I just run switches so I can kill the track in the yard and then run want I want.
Yeah I’m still learning about train scales it’s been years since I last ran the trains. I prefer the smaller ones though and they seem to be less expensive. My favorite is probably the Alaskan train though. I got into rc when I was 4 years old and they were trains. Then I stopped when I was 7 ( gaming took me over🤣👍) and then started again when I was 9 and went with cars and got a traxxas tmaxx then a arrma granite and here I am now on this forum and I still look back and wonder why I chose rc as a hobby. It’s a expensive one for sure though lol. My parents still love to say “why has our son found the most expensive hobby🤦‍♂️

Any hobby is expensive anymore but I have a completely understanding wife. She lets me buy what I want anytime I want. Within reason of course.
She wants me to run my HO scale through the living room.. :)

Was using the bench mainly for storage but decided to get organized and added the peg board. Definitely feels good once you're done.

51797411694_194b778a6a_b.jpg

Workbench as it now-soon to move a set of 18in deep shelves behind it to free up bench space. Like Doom!, pegboard will be a bit of a reach then.

This bench is 2 x 6ft. It replaced a 4 x 4ft previously used. Personally, the 4x4 better was better. With only 21in useable width, I'm always shuffling things around on this bench.

Attachments

• 20200616_082143_Workbench resize.jpg
    20200616_082143_Workbench resize.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 61
My scale garage/workplace is always evolving. I was up at 5am on Sunday and could not start the snow blowing to build my backyard race track till after 9:00.

I use the little acid brushes to clean stuff out of crawler suspension or whatever. I leave it sitting in one place so I know where it is. I decided to make a broom that look better than the rolled metal brush and could pass as scale accessories. Four hours later I made two of them after about six failures.

Attachments

• 977EBB23-B334-49E9-8A8C-F480EAB06F0E.jpeg
    977EBB23-B334-49E9-8A8C-F480EAB06F0E.jpeg
    488.9 KB · Views: 64
Hey NT Guys. Finally bit the bullet and did a reorg on the workspace. Long overdue. Now there is the bench space I've been lacking and wanting. Most of what gets used for projects falls readily to hand as well. Moving the bench out 2ft also brings it more directly under the overhead lighting. Another plus and a win-win-win for an afternoon's labor. Still a bit of shuffling of stuff about to do. Taking a rest.

Downside is having to sacrifice half the pegboard space.

Upside is finally coming up with a fire-resistant LiPo charging platform for the bench. Used a lightweight concrete capstone and inverted a baking pan atop it. Have never had a LiPo fire but has always been a concern. Not so much now. Will continue to use a LiPo bag for charging.

Attachments

• 20220111_115407_resize.jpg
    20220111_115407_resize.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20220111_115434_resize.jpg
    20220111_115434_resize.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 57
I am to embarrassed to take a shot of mine at the moment. :eek::yuck:
Nah. Don't be. What my shot doesn't show is the other half of the garage with stuff stacked and scattered about. Still have to find a place for all that. But at least now I've got some elbow room to work. Looks like the second car spends another night outside in the driveway. RC man cave takes priority. . .

More stuff going up on Ebay or going out to Goodwill. Or up in the attic.

Hey NT Guys. Finally bit the bullet and did a reorg on the workspace. Long overdue. Now there is the bench space I've been lacking and wanting. Most of what gets used for projects falls readily to hand as well. Moving the bench out 2ft also brings it more directly under the overhead lighting. Another plus and a win-win-win for an afternoon's labor. Still a bit of shuffling of stuff about to do. Taking a rest.

Upside is finally coming up with a fire-resistant LiPo charging platform for the bench. Used a lightweight concrete capstone and inverted a baking pan atop it. Have never had a LiPo fire but has always been a concern. Not so much now. Will continue to use a LiPo bag for charging.
Is there anyway to put the work bench in the center of the room and build a small workbench between the shelves?

I have a workbench in the center of the room. Perfect for setting up large airplanes. But it’s great to be able to walk all around a project.

That is crazy.
Bought a workbench from harbor freight and put some 3/4 inch MDF scraps on top.

Think it was $120.00

I want to buy one of those big wood benches from Harbor Freight myself. They look pretty solid.

I got the little wood workers bench because I don’t have much space. But the airplanes I fly have the wheels at least 24 inch apart so I had to put a big top on it .

It has a big wood vice and four drawers and is very well made.

Is there anyway to put the work bench in the center of the room and build a small workbench between the shelves?

I have a workbench in the center of the room. Perfect for setting up large airplanes. But it’s great to be able to walk all around a project.
Good suggestion IowaCrawler,
For the first in a long time, I have walk-around on the last 2ft. Never realized how much I missed that. Yeah, that's a great way to work a bench.

Back '06-'11 when I was RC drag racing on the full-prep scene, my workbench was 4ft x 4ft with full walk-around. My RC dragsters were 22in and 28in wheelbase. Body and wings added yet another 6in in length. So kinda have a feel for your situation with airframes. That, by the way, was my best-ever bench. Since then, have been overcome by events and available space is premium. Even my table-mounted band saw is relegated to a concrete block in the corner. Have to do a lift and lock-down when it's needed.

Yeah. Any workspace, it seems, is a compromise. Even for RC. Indeed, Harbor Freight has a nice selection of tables. Am always tempted to buy when going there. Cheers. 'AC'

Thats awesome glad you got your bench.. are those peg boards panels?? Why don't you move the one behind shelves to below the other side. So you don't have to loose the extra peg board space.. I love the peg board. I got some more for my Birthday pro my self. Now I cover the one whole wall lol..

Attachments

• 20211227_180536.jpg
    20211227_180536.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 58
This is where the magic happens. And I’m about to pull it all out and change it up. I want the press and the grinder with the drill press. And I want a better corner.

So this is a before shot of my workshop.

Attachments

• 6D0B071A-DB64-4CFB-AB6A-84CEDD4F3B8E.jpeg
    6D0B071A-DB64-4CFB-AB6A-84CEDD4F3B8E.jpeg
    479.5 KB · Views: 58
Back