Post a picture of your HPI Savage!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013 Savage X4.6

My new Savage X4.6 when i first opened the box!

Attachments

• 1899933_623289504411728_1425806293_n.jpg
    1899933_623289504411728_1425806293_n.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 506
After upgrading to my liking

Tires, shocks, body, XL upgrade.

Attachments

• unnamed (12).jpg
    unnamed (12).jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 429
  • unnamed (11).jpg
    unnamed (11).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 410
Savage x Rpm arms Savox 1256 1258 17mm hubs 50wt shock oil in all 4. Hpi wheelie bar. I've had this truck around 2 years now it's been great it got me hooked on the savage. I also have a 2012 ltd edition and just built a X SS with 4 big bore shocks 35wt front 40 rear. 29/9 sintered diffs 30k in front 50k rear. Savox 1256 1258. Duel red fiber disk brakes ( the best IMO ) 17mm hubs. Rpm skid plate. Hellfire (white) medium firm springs in the rear and a lrp zr32

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Far from a self queen it was brand new and you should see it now!

Last edited:
Here's my Savage Flux XL.

ymupasy6.jpg

TCS XL TVPS
HPI HD XL axles
HPI HD servo spring
HPI HD drive gear
Tonys Screws
Integy rear hubs
AE RC8 extended 17mm hexes
TCS LCG ESC plate

I think that's it as of right now.

Last edited:
Here's my savage x with hood stack I built and monster tires
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408906847.843888.jpg

Last edited:
my converted savage 25 to savage X, had some more work done again

replaced my battered truck shell with the Subaru shell from my Tamiya TGS the shell is around 12/13 years old so has lots of wear and tear but will do for my needs, looks better than my attempt at making a shell.
this shell had some reinforcement on the two sides in the form of some flattened scrap copper pipe riveted in place and plenty of silicon sealant to further reinforce the shell.

she might be ugly but she is my ugly baby

fitted again with 12 LEDs in the shell and 4 LEDs in the front bumper
has traxxas 5 spoke wheels and talon tyres fitted, with the flaking chipped chrome stripped then colored with black permanent marker ink for a black and white look

she needs a clean but planning on doing that some time next week.

For images in full 5MP size right click and open image in new tab

well here is my 1st paint in about 20+ years. Will try to get a bit more creative on the next one .Just waiting for some Trencher X tires to come in to add to her. good from far but far from good. made sure to get the RCNITROTALK.com decal in a nice clear place!
and Damm just noticed that I tossed the front tires on backwards too!! :mad: put them on for the pictures quickly.

open for comments good or bad as I will improve on the next one!

sav1_zps822f65be.jpg

sav3_zpsc0aba6d0.jpg

sav2_zps1234a45a.jpg

sav4_zps024cbf71.jpg

sav5_zps3dfc444a.jpg

sav6_zps3ec84086.jpg

Last edited:
I got a basket Savage from a buddy on HPISF , it came to me in pieces....It has an axial .32 engine and while building it I did alloy diff cups and several mods while it was apart..... it has RPM center skid plate and I found a nice alloy throttle bellcrank for it, the plastic one was broken it was dirty and used but all there except the transmission, luckily a buddy sold me a complete trans cheep I recently got some alloy Big Bore shocks for it and built em all up ...... I have enjoyed building and running this truck, it is a screamer to be sure......

MikesSavage007.jpg

MikesSavage005.jpg

MikesSavage011.jpg

MikesSavage010.jpg

Axial32engine.jpg

DSCN6735.jpg

DSCN6835.jpg

DSCN6941.jpg

DSCN7505.jpg

DSCN1782.jpg

DSCN1787.jpg

DSCN1788.jpg

I recently painted a new body for it, I went with a sc body and did my customary flame job on it too... but it is just for shelf duty I run the stock printed body for it till it is all tore up.... :D

DSCN1704.jpg

DSCN1699.jpg

DSCN1698.jpg

Thanks for looking at another of my project rigs......

First Savage, almost pulled the trigger on a new one. Came across this 4.6X locally and brought it home. Has been sitting for about a year I was told, motor has good comp. Think I made out alright, came with a Venom 1600mAh hump pack and a super sweet AM HPI TX/RX. Going to update to 2.4 asap.
Didn't look quite like this when I got it. It was a bit dirty and had chipped' up chrome wheels. I was too anxious to get it apart to remember to snap a before pic =[
Got it cleaned up and serviced. Replaced a couple small things, like the clutch bell bearings, which fell apart in many separate pieces with no actual bearings to speak of haha. Waiting on some glow plugs to run it =[ should be in tomorrow or the next day.
FullSizeRender-6_9.jpg

FullSizeRender-3_9.jpg

A shot with the PVC stand courtesy of alien13's write-up on here on NCNT (Thank you)
FullSizeRender-2_8.jpg

The PO sanded and polished the head after it had a date with the pavement. Doesn't look bad, although ill probably clean up the edges a bit more and re-polish.
FullSizeRender-4_9.jpg

And a big thanks to my lady who let me commandeer the kitchen counter for a few days while we are moving.
FullSizeRender-5.jpg

Back