Post a picture of your HPI Savage!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my self my first nitro rc this weekend. Got it cheep used but don't know much about it other then its a savage(as far as I can tell)

Currently have it all apart to replace the dynamite "big red" .28 with a new one (seized/ broken connecting rod)
also planning of getting a new lid for it after I get the hang of driving it can't stand ford stuff...
IMG_0249.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG
IMG_0252.JPG

Proline Mashers (standard Bead!!!!!) on Axial Oversized 8spoke rims. AX8008
Found the tires on eBay after a month or so.. These will fit standard rims. Newer Mashers have a Traxxas style bead and won't fit these rims as easy as this..

P1080074[1].jpg

And 2 more

Attachments

• P1080073[1].jpg
    P1080073[1].jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 399
  • P1080075[1].jpg
    P1080075[1].jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 410
Proline Mashers (standard Bead!!!!!) on Axial Oversized 8spoke rims. AX8008
Found the tires on eBay after a month or so.. These will fit standard rims. Newer Mashers have a Traxxas style bead and won't fit these rims as easy as this..

View attachment 16632

And 2 more
Thanks for the effort!

I like chevron style tires, but I don't care for the overall mass of these. At least I can tick them off my list of possibles.

20150806_231348.jpg
20150803_035225.jpg

This is my new Savage 4.6. It's my first nitro in over 15 years and my first paint job in just as long. I decided to go with a Ford F-650 Proline body. I taped it all out and painted it in burgundy flake, silver and flat black for the truck bed and accents. The truck itself has an upgraded tuned pipe, skid plates and a steel spur gear clutch combo. What do you guys think?

View attachment 16680 View attachment 16681
This is my new Savage 4.6. It's my first nitro in over 15 years and my first paint job in just as long. I decided to go with a Ford F-650 Proline body. I taped it all out and painted it in burgundy flake, silver and flat black for the truck bed and accents. The truck itself has an upgraded tuned pipe, skid plates and a steel spur gear clutch combo. What do you guys think?
Looks pretty sweet!

That RPM center skid will save your brake discs. I busted a couple of mine before I bought a skid for it. Haven't had an issue since.

What's going on with the shocks there?
Theres 12 shocks. Theres more pics under savage if you'd like to see more check it out i just wanted to try something different i see alot of savage builds twin engines and mid tank mods but never one like mine you see here yeah its heavey alright but it wasn't built to race lol. I custom built the shock pistons in side to soften them up abit because if not it was way to stiff there still alittle bit stiff but i need some thinner oil and i didnt have any there about the same as a big bore with 45-50 wt in them right now.

I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread, yet. I guess it wasn't finished. :confused:
Well, here she is, the Bling Thing...
First one, looking down her top...
01sav1.jpg

Then we check out her rear...
01sav2.jpg

The rest are in her underwear...
018 (2).jpg

CompBld 015.JPG

105.JPG

Sav31.jpg

Last edited: