Portal axle help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zjrs27

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi, i bought some kyx portal axles and my front axle spins smooth and freely going forward but if i go to spin it in reverse it binds and locks up.... Can anyone help as to why? Came pre assembled, all I did was mount up to it never opened anything up inside

What model is it for? TRX-4, SCX10 iii or something else?

If it came like that, make sure everything inside is mounted properly (bearings seated flat and not half-seated).

dont touch axels . call kyx or E them ask them to fix.. not sure what type of warranty they come with

I had some preassembled Wraith axles and it did the same thing only when they were by themselves because the gear that attaches the drive shaft to the differential pushed backwards and jammed everything up. Having a drive shaft on there stops it from pushing in the axles as the drive shaft gives it no room to slide forward.
20201116_125029.jpg

What was the issue? I am having the exact same thing happened with my rear axle. It's the portal set from KYX for the Capra.
Post automatically merged:

What was the issue? I am having the exact same thing happened with my rear axle. It's the portal set from KYX for the Capra.

Back