Portable Spot Welder

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I've been in to building and repairing battery packs for a number of years and the whole time I've been doing it I've been using solder and a solder iron because for the longest time no one made anything smaller than a big ol bench tool that cost hundreds of dollars to buy. Well finally someone came out with a portable Lithium powered spot welder for batteries! No I can try and make my own LiPo pack next! I put my cordless drill next to the sport welder for size comparison. This thing works like a champ and its only $60!

20210429_143551.jpg

Looks like it would work for 18650's, but do you think it would work for lipo's? The tabs can be pretty thick on those.

Would have made making 5 cell NiMH receiver packs a lot easier back in the day... lol!

Looks like it would work for 18650's, but do you think it would work for lipo's? The tabs can be pretty thick on those.

Would have made making 5 cell NiMH receiver packs a lot easier back in the day... lol!
Bro, for real! I wanted something like this for years back when i was building nickle based packs and 18650 packs and yes I'm confident that it will work for lipos cuz you only need 50% power to do nickle or 18650 cells. Its capable of outputting something like 639A bursts according to the Amazon page. I guess Ill have to try it to find out but I currently dont have anything for making those kinds of packs. When I do find out though yall will the first to know :)