Please help?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tymc13

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I need a little help in making a decision please? I am purchasing a new /used rc truck for my son and I . I just don't know which one to get and need your experience to help me make that decision please? I have 3 vehicles to choose from 2 in the same price bracket . 1- lightly used e-revo brushless. 2 - slightly more used e-maxx . & 3 - (slightly more expensive tho )arrma outcast 4s. The e-maxx I think is brushed where as the other 2 are brushless . Not sure how much the upgrade would be for the 2 brushless motors on the e-maxx. Or if I should just go with one of the other 2? The outcast is 90$ more than the other 2 ,not sure if it's really worth that much more? Please help . Thank you

a brushless is the way to go. it would take more than a motor and esc to upgrade, you would also have to upgrade drivetrain to go brushless

a brushless is the way to go. it would take more than a motor and esc to upgrade, you would also have to upgrade drivetrain to go brushless
Ok that takes the e-maxx out now between the arrma and the Revo?

The e-revo is rtr for 300$ and the outcast 4s is rtr for 380$

Either one of those would be good to start out with. Both of them have their ups and downs but they are about equal. These are what we run out on the rock crawling
20200401_133903.jpg

I have 3 revos myself .. Your designed will also need to think do they have batteries charger remote .whats stock . emax is out ok shelf queen but thats all... arrma not a fan herd some good and bad.. 1st gen erevo? or 2nd gen with replaced servos?can the remote be turned down for your son to learn to drive stock traxxas 1s can training mode.its like 50% power

erevo 1/8 scale or a tad larger . arrma 1/10 scale with larger tires..me id pick the revo..

brushed E-maxx needs a lot of upgrades out the gate, Arrma has really proven themselves with durability, especially with the 4s series, at first the A-arms were kind of weak, but seems they revised them as i dont see many broken all that often.
the Arrmas, if the one you are getting has the STX2 controller, did have a problem with them feeling almost sluggish, you can adjust the power output to the motor down to i think 25% with the STX2, but i would replace the RX/TX down the road.
personally id pick the Arrma.
the Revo is cool though, and lots of aftermarket parts so you can customize.
Arrma is really easy to disassemble into sections.

Which version of e-revo is it? Is it the e-revo vxl with steel drive shafts (v2) or the e-revo brushless with plastic drive shafts (v1)?

If it's the v2, $300 for a running one is a pretty good price. I'm not sure I'd buy a v1 at this point, they aren't the strongest unless your pretty easy on them. The v2 is a whole new animal.

I had a v1 and bought a v2 roller off ebay, then transferred my electronics over. It has held up so much better than the v1 did.

Thanks for the input guys. I went with the erevo . it had the plastic driveshafts and i broke like 4 of them so i put in steel. Upgraded my shocks and my gears in the diffs and transfercase also upgraded rocker arms.

Back