Please help me identify my nitro car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovecat48519

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I was just recently given this rc car and I got its missing parts and got it running but I have no idea what make or model it is. The only identifying mark's are that it has hexfly servos, VX-16 on the engine case. If anyone can help me out I would be grateful.
20200529_123628.jpg
20200529_123613.jpg
20200529_123619.jpg
20200529_123624.jpg
20200529_123628.jpg
20200529_123613.jpg
20200529_123619.jpg
20200529_123624.jpg

Thank you so much it also explains why the redcat racing parts fit like a glove then lol

id agree with Shockwave model.. Id also like to make a comment ..the BBs in the open container add some kinda moisture eliminator to them( the little packs of silicon we get in med containers works great) and then seal the top with a few layers of clig wrap..Old air gun nut.. Benjamin Sheridan

I will say this car is quite fast but I am waiting on a new controller in the mail but the clutch shoes are about done for and it seems like it could use a new carburetor as well. Does anyone know know where I could find the default carb settings on this model? Plus some tuning suggestions? It still has the original controller and engine but it stalls out too easily above a certain point of acceleration. I'm a newbie to nitro cars but I wasn't going to say no for a running nitro car for $20 lol

id agree with Shockwave model.. Id also like to make a comment ..the BBs in the open container add some kinda moisture eliminator to them( the little packs of silicon we get in med containers works great) and then seal the top with a few layers of clig wrap..Old air gun nut.. Benjamin Sheridan
The bbs are likely oiled lol I was just temporarily using the containers lid as a funnel lol

I would email Redcat for that information. I've emailed them before about my tornado s30 and they responded quickly.

Found this after a search:

VX 16
HSN: 2 1/2 turns from closed
LSN: flush with housing

Typically those are break-in settings, so they should be rich.

Welcome to RCT! I agree with Olds97, that’s a Redcat Shockwave. I should know, I have 2 of them. LOL Those carb settings are correct. That’s how I have mine set and they run quite well for a lower end kit.

yup, Exceed/HSP/Redcat. more or less this was a rabadge of the HSP model sold under a few different names.