Please help figuring out the model I have bought?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanR143026

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents
My son wanted to get a nitro RC car with his birthday money and I found him one for, what I thought, was a reasonable price for a second hand one (to practice with) ??‍♂️ Having got it home and looked over it I’m completely confused as to what model it is, it came with lots of spare parts but I can’t work out what it is, one reason is to get a body shell for it as it didn’t come with one, I was aware of this when buying, it seems to have a thunder tiger engine which I’ve managed to work out but the spoiler on it says acme condor, but then there’s another spoiler that says amax on it aswell, I just wondered if anyone could determine what it is if possible please from the pictures attached, they aren’t the best and I’ll try to get some better ones tomorrow when I take it to work

Thanks
Dan

939C793B-630D-4AB6-9374-7A94AB6C2F7B.png
BC2278C0-DFB7-48D4-AAB2-22B66B7A7182.jpeg
DB56D85D-B1C7-494C-B358-1860CF0CE1FD.jpeg

Hi ladies and gents
My son wanted to get a nitro RC car with his birthday money and I found him one for, what I thought, was a reasonable price for a second hand one (to practice with) ??‍♂️ Having got it home and looked over it I’m completely confused as to what model it is, it came with lots of spare parts but I can’t work out what it is, one reason is to get a body shell for it as it didn’t come with one, I was aware of this when buying, it seems to have a thunder tiger engine which I’ve managed to work out but the spoiler on it says acme condor, but then there’s another spoiler that says amax on it aswell, I just wondered if anyone could determine what it is if possible please from the pictures attached, they aren’t the best and I’ll try to get some better ones tomorrow when I take it to work
Thanks
Dan
It almost looks like a Redcat Tornado S30/Exceed RC Forza/HSP 94166 buggy, but i have never seen one with the blue top aluminum plate. It may be an upgrade for it though. A pic of the bottom of the chassis would help. It may be an Acme Condor though. No matter what car it actually is, it is definitely a buggy. Are the spare parts just tossed in a box, or are they actually in packages?

I'm thinking its a ACME Condor. I have a Tornado s30 but the newer version and it don't look like this one but not 100% sure.

I forgot to pick it up this morning when I was rushing for work so I’ll get more pics when I get it, cheers for replying mate ??

I'm thinking its a ACME Condor. I have a Tornado s30 but the newer version and it don't look like this one but not 100% sure.
It does say that on the spoiler that’s on but when I look at pictures of them they look different, I’ll get better photos up later, thanks for getting back to me ??

It is an OFNA pirate 10. It is closely related to Tamiya nitro Thunder.
I’ll look at them aswell, I didn’t realise how many different ones there was, I had one about 15 years ago but things have certainly moved on since then ??‍♂️? cheers for replying mate ??

It is an OFNA pirate 10. It is closely related to Tamiya nitro Thunder.
Right, so I’ve just looked up these and one came up that was bought new in 1996!! I didn’t realise it was that old, the engine in it is different but I’m assuming that might have needed changing at some point over the last 25 years ? it does look like one of them, just with a few different parts, I’ll try and find a body shell for one now which I’m guessing won’t be an easy task ??‍♂️

I forgot to pick it up this morning when I was rushing for work so I’ll get more pics when I get it, cheers for replying mate ??

It does say that on the spoiler that’s on but when I look at pictures of them they look different, I’ll get better photos up later, thanks for getting back to me ??

I’ll look at them aswell, I didn’t realise how many different ones there was, I had one about 15 years ago but things have certainly moved on since then ??‍♂️? cheers for replying mate ??

Right, so I’ve just looked up these and one came up that was bought new in 1996!! I didn’t realise it was that old, the engine in it is different but I’m assuming that might have needed changing at some point over the last 25 years ? it does look like one of them, just with a few different parts, I’ll try and find a body shell for one now which I’m guessing won’t be an easy task ??‍♂️
I found out it was also marketed as the Habao Pirate 10 Two: https://www.rcscrapyard.net/hobao-pirate-10-two.htm As long as the opening for the motor is in the same place, finding bodies shouldnt be that hard. It doesn't necessarily have to be from a OFNA/Habao.. If you are skilled enough, you can get any body you like, and just cut out the opening for the motor.

I found out it was also marketed as the Habao Pirate 10 Two: https://www.rcscrapyard.net/hobao-pirate-10-two.htm As long as the opening for the motor is in the same place, finding bodies shouldnt be that hard. It doesn't necessarily have to be from a OFNA/Habao.. If you are skilled enough, you can get any body you like, and just cut out the opening for the motor.
That’s the one!! Cheers for that mate!! That looks to be the exact one

Back