Please can I have some advice on a cracked diff case?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishguy697754

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I drove my wltoys 144001 off a skate ramp at my local skate park and the shock tower hit the railing at the back of the ramp and cracked the diff casing. Is there a specific glue I could use or do I have to replace the whole diff case?(it is the front differential). Thanks in advance!

And wbat was the most important note out of this experience?

Don't Bash at SkateParks unless you have money and able to source parts easily.

OR

Buy another one for parts.

I learned a few things real quick about bashers.

It's going to break.

It's very cheap to keep spare a-arms and spindles around before they break if you go the Amazon or ebay route for those.

Avoid any aluminum suspension parts,that plastic flexes for a reason.

Don't buy any overpriced Traxxas junk, RCs or parts. I'll buy that crap if it's cheap tho.

That being said, I don't see the fun In going to the skate park unless there's no other place to go,I tried it. I'm lucky to find almost any surface here from gravel pits to empty industrial park roads. At the park all I saw were people jumping their RCs until they destroy something. I get it, that poop is fun,I do it too but nobody should be complaining about their breakages from skate park shenanigans.
I built my felony into a 8s xmaxx powered 60+mph dirt basher and it gets broken because I beat the hell out of it. I keep a few spare parts around for this one 😆.

Attachments

• 20220307_085233.jpg
    20220307_085233.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20220307_085242.jpg
    20220307_085242.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 46
I like running my 1/16 and 1/18 scale buggies at my 2 local skate parks you can get a good rhythm from jump to jump.theres a old abounded offroad race track also have to bash at but hate the long cleanup after due to the sand area.. there's a few old Nike bases around me also really hilly with 4 foot hills just gotta know where the pits are..lol

My repair would be to stitch it with a solder tip then some plastic repair epoxy with a piece on mesh in it.

I learned a few things real quick about bashers.

It's going to break.

It's very cheap to keep spare a-arms and spindles around before they break if you go the Amazon or ebay route for those.

Avoid any aluminum suspension parts,that plastic flexes for a reason.

Don't buy any overpriced Traxxas junk, RCs or parts. I'll buy that crap if it's cheap tho.

That being said, I don't see the fun In going to the skate park unless there's no other place to go,I tried it. I'm lucky to find almost any surface here from gravel pits to empty industrial park roads. At the park all I saw were people jumping their RCs until they destroy something. I get it, that poop is fun,I do it too but nobody should be complaining about their breakages from skate park shenanigans.
I built my felony into a 8s xmaxx powered 60+mph dirt basher and it gets broken because I beat the hell out of it. I keep a few spare parts around for this one 😆.
Thats really cool!
My repair would be to stitch it with a solder tip then some plastic repair epoxy with a piece on mesh in it.
Ok thx
And wbat was the most important note out of this experience?

Don't Bash at SkateParks unless you have money and able to source parts easily.

OR

Buy another one for parts.
Yeah ik

I drove my wltoys 144001 off a skate ramp at my local skate park and the shock tower hit the railing at the back of the ramp and cracked the diff casing. Is there a specific glue I could use or do I have to replace the whole diff case?(it is the front differential). Thanks in advance!
JB weld for plastic, available at any automotive store, smells like crap but works like a champ

Back