PlastiDip coated servo.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

militarymaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I know many have already done this but I couldn't find any pics. I got this idea from a pic posted by Sasquatch (T-Maxx dual fuel tank post). His are blue and looked great. I sealed up where the servo horn connects by using a couple o-rings and I also put in the screw (to keep the inner threads clear). I will still need to do a little trimming when everything dries.

32063117-7a3c-02000180-.jpg

Howd u do that? What do you need? I wanna do it too.

--NooP

wtf, thats tight, how to do how to do lol :preachin:

i wanna coat my whole buggy in that:idea:

dude, do you think that it would be okay on those servos, b/c thats a nice thing to do

Not knocking your work but you still have your volt watch where it can short out as well as your radio receiver box.

EP, you're right. The volt watch is out in the open. But I didn't coat the servos to protect them from water. I learned my lesson a while ago with another buggy that now matter how hard you try, nothing is completely water-proof. I coated them to keep out the dust. For some reason dust works its' way into just about everything. I had all the receiver box stuff inside a condom (another thread), but found that the heat generated from charging my pack degraded the integrity of it. So I'm back to the standard balloon. The volt-watch uses surface mount components and is conformally coated. And it's been through the dirt/water test so I know it's OK. PlastiDip does make a clear color version and maybe that might the ticket for the volt-watch, receiver, failsafe and battery.

If want to do an internal water proof treatment there is an option available. There is a liquid that you can dip your electronics in called "The Stuph". It is used by boaters as a second line of defense against water.
The circiut board of a receiver, servo, speed control, etc. is dipped into "The Stuph" and then allowed to drain. After draining just reassemble your component and do your external water proof treatment such as the plastidip or balloon. "The Stuph" helps prevent the water damage of circuit board components which are usually what gets fried when water is introduced to your components.

Also look on the reviews page, there's been a how-to on this subject there for some time now.

-Michael

Dip is ok but don't get any de-greaser on it. It comes off and make a mess.

Question about the PlastiDip itself: Once you open the can and have dipped your servos, can you close it and use it later for other stuff, or is what's left in the can wasted?

No, it can be capped off with the supplied lid or like it says on the can, "For prolonged storage, place aluminum foil between cap and can." Just seal the can up good and you'll be fine.

Does nitro cleaner disolve it?

Originally posted by RatzoRC
Does nitro cleaner disolve it?

I was just about to ask the same question due to a previous post by flash183.

Back