Piston and Sleeve os 18tm & tz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlouis12

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello I wouled like to know if you can put an os .18tz piston and sleeve into an os 18tm? I would like to know if one would work in the other. Please let me know.

i read that you can use the tz piston & sleeve on a tm engine.

same here try it the worst that could happen is that it wouldnt fit.

I am not sure if that will work or not. The case for the TM and TZ is slightly different. Know the part numbers are different for sure. The case for the TM and the EB mods engine is the same though. Unless you have one laying around it would be a $90 gamble . If nothing else I have a brand new OS .18 TM piston and sleeve set that is just sitting.....$50 takes it.

Pretty sure it will work, but you need the crank from the TZ to match the sleeve's timing for optimum performance. I know a guy who races Revos with TM's with TZ cranks installed in them. Pretty quick setup, he's the Georgia state champ in MT for the 2008 season. I think he cuts the end of the crank down to fit the Revo.

I am not sure if that will work or not. The case for the TM and TZ is slightly different. Know the part numbers are different for sure. The case for the TM and the EB mods engine is the same though. Unless you have one laying around it would be a $90 gamble . If nothing else I have a brand new OS .18 TM piston and sleeve set that is just sitting.....$50 takes it.
Hi I would like to know if you still have that piston sweep for the TM thank you