Pipes and clutch interchangeable between motors?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mastio

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Noob question, I've never swapped out a motor and i was wondering if i could take the clutch and header from my HPI 4.6 and put it on an Associated lrp.28or a ofna picco .28? I would think so since they are both direct replacements for the 4.6. But if not what is needed to make them work in my savage? :D

The clutch should be fine. The only problem with the pipe may be the thickness of the seal. I haven't used either engine but the seal was an issue when I swapped in my STS engine. The Savage 25 header did not fit properly and had to be replaced,the 4.6 may be a different story. The only other issue may be the starter, my Savage roto-start would not fit on the Picco P3(I did have it just never got to run it). All in all it won't be a hard thing to accomplish and it will be well worth it! :yes:

The clutch should be fine. The only problem with the pipe may be the thickness of the seal. I haven't used either engine but the seal was an issue when I swapped in my STS engine. The Savage 25 header did not fit properly and had to be replaced,the 4.6 may be a different story. The only other issue may be the starter, my Savage roto-start would not fit on the Picco P3(I did have it just never got to run it). All in all it won't be a hard thing to accomplish and it will be well worth it! :yes:[/

Hopefully Lol, lately I've been fixing it more than running it, but i keep telling myself that when the picco gets broken in and tuned, it'll definatley be worth it :D

Back