Pictures Of Cars and Motorcycles That Make You Smile

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it looked a lot like the grabber orange Pinto there. But it wasn't really being built for race. He drove all his stuff on the road, even the "race" cars. He also had a couple 5.0 Mustangs that were works of art, and a 79 Pinto he called the 5.0 killer. It was a sleeper you'd never see coming til you saw tail lights fading away.
The orange Pinto is fully street legal. Look up Jeff Lutz. He builds 1200+ HP street legal drag cars at a shop in PA. Bieschke's Pinto was built at a shop in either Arizona or Nevada, i can't remember which. These are two of Lutz street legal 57 Chevy drag cars:

images.jpg

download.jpg

Well, that's a great story. Paints a really cool pic in my mind, so yeah, I'd say it's on topic.

I will try to keep this short. I mean I did, really. So sorry.

Imagine a 1976 Pinto, with a 351 Cleveland sitting in it. You could nearly fit cans of Mountain Dew in the exhaust ports on the heads. The intake was a huge Victor, all ported and align honed. All naturally asparated. Lets just say she breathed like a T-Rex.

The body was done full rotisserie style. By one of the best fab guys/painters I have ever seen. The engine bay looked nicer than any exterior paint job... ever. Smooth, not a single hole out of place, and you could see your reflection everywhere. Underside of the car was the same.

And all this was prettied up with this exact paint theme... but better, because it said Boss 351, and the Pinto had HUGE MEAT under it's rear quarters.
View attachment 152809

Wish I had a camera. But I was at his garage on business when he showed it to me. Baddest Pinto I could ever imagine. And badder than most custom/show/race cars I have ever seen.

And I have seen A LOT. World of Wheels, 6 times, numerous local and out of state shows. International Machine Tool Show in Chicago 6 times. Lots of cars there kinda out of the public eye. I saw Chip Foose built cars, magazine trucks and cars, and I have even been at a huge Mastercam party at John Force's facility in Brownsburg IN. That was a helluva car show too. About a half mile from my home.

Lots of old cars inspire me. Mostly Fords because my dad loved them. 13 years, and many tough miles on his F-150 was the cause of that. But this Pinto puts a smile on my face every time I think about it.
Seems lile you had quite the time a few times over! That pinto probably booked being so light! Only thing I dont like about the f150 is the torquey reverse and the lack of a tach on older models.

Those new v6 turbo f150s move. Wish they had a 5.0 or 5.4 turbo.

I go back and forth between ford and chevy. After dodge was bought by fiat that steered me away. I like the 2020 and prior ram, and wouldnt mind a hell cat but thats about it.

The orange Pinto is fully street legal. Look up Jeff Lutz. He builds 1200+ HP street legal drag cars at a shop in PA. Bieschke's Pinto was built at a shop in either Arizona or Nevada, i can't remember which. These are two of Lutz street legal 57 Chevy drag cars:

View attachment 152815
View attachment 152816

Lutz holds the "record" not sure if it's official, for fastest street car running 5.9s 1/4 mile. Really pisses off Tesla fans when they try to say that ICE can't compete, lol.

Lutz holds the "record" not sure if it's official, for fastest street car running 5.9s 1/4 mile. Really pisses off Tesla fans when they try to say that ICE can't compete, lol.
Lutz record is official. He did 5.87 @251.34 at Orlando in Mad Max (his 68 Camaro) to take the title from Red Victor 2.

I read something the other day that cracked me up and I could 100% agree with.

Comparing Tesla 0-60 times to real performance cars is like comparing a microwave to a bbq grill. It may cook faster, but nobody ever wished for a microwaved burger​

Lutz record is official. He did 5.87 @251.34 at Orlando in Mad Max (his 68 Camaro) to take the title from Red Victor 2.

Man, 5 second street cars. I remember when an 11 or 12 second street car was fast.

My brother in law has a Tesla Model S, and when he first got it took me out and tried to impress me with the acceleration. I mean, it had some serious G's when he mashed it, but it really didn't compare to the 1971 Camaro I had with a barely streetable 350 and a Powerglide 2 speed trans. I had a Rochester 800 quadrajet, and if you took it to 30 or so in first gear, then opened up the secondaries, you could bare control the car. Sometimes it would just smoke the tires. You could take it to 80 in first gear. That was a 12 second car - but on 60 series street radials. If a car like that had AWD and bigger tires, it would be a different story for sure.

Man, 5 second street cars. I remember when an 11 or 12 second street car was fast.

My brother in law has a Tesla Model S, and when he first got it took me out and tried to impress me with the acceleration. I mean, it had some serious G's when he mashed it, but it really didn't compare to the 1971 Camaro I had with a barely streetable 350 and a Powerglide 2 speed trans. I had a Rochester 800 quadrajet, and if you took it to 30 or so in first gear, then opened up the secondaries, you could bare control the car. Sometimes it would just smoke the tires. You could take it to 80 in first gear. That was a 12 second car - but on 60 series street radials. If a car like that had AWD and bigger tires, it would be a different story for sure.
I grew up around fast cars and trucks (i was born in Southern california in the early 70's, so i was even around the custom van scene for awhile), from dirt track street stocks, hobby stocks, and modifieds, to desert trucks, baja buggies, dragsters, imports and street cars, and i can remember when everyone was ecstatic that someone made it into the 10's with a street car, and, now, imports are running 8's and 9's. My brother and i built an S-10 with a SBC, and was just glad it made it into the 12's. Now theres a kid not far from me that apparently is selling his S-10 Blazer because he can't get it into the 10's with a SBC and a 2 speed. This year, my brother and i went a completely different direction though (i have a post on here that show's our hobby stock and modified somewhere, but, we sold the hobby stock). We bought a pair of Buick 4 door's that we are going to build cruisers out of. We are keeping the modified, but scaling back to just that one race car. This is the post i made that shows our dirt cars: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/a-little-rant-if-you-will.132320/