A little rant, if you will.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I constantly hear comments about me doing things the cheap way, which i admit i do, but, there are valid reasons for it, the first being, RC is not my only, or even my first hobby. My first hobby is 1:1 Race cars, and, anyone who knows anything about dirt cars knows that by the time you build them, there typically isnt much money left for anything. I only got into RC stuff as a way to have something to do in the off season, and, frankly, because of a couple girls i went to school with that raced RC stuff. I dont feel though that, even if i had more in the budget to spend on them, that it is necessary to spend exorbitant amounts of money on something i am just going to beat on in fields, yards, skate parks, and BMX tracks, and typically, i dont feel i should have to justify why i do the things i do, but, after the last couple of days, i feel it is warranted. Over the years, i have had expensive kits from TLR and AE, and spent the money on Castle and Reedy stuff, but, then i found i can spend a lot less and have just as much fun with the cheaper stuff, and, in some cases, much less maintenance, as i did with the more expensive stuff. Perfect example, i have a Losi 22S, and an Arrma Fury, and, honestly, i like my Fury a lot, but, the 22S is much simpler to deal with, since it has things like fixed links, so i dont have to spend time adjusting things. I can just throw a battery in it and go run it. I am also not one to spend a bunch of money to impress anyone, or for bragging right, like i see a lot of people doing. I very rarely ever run my stuff with other people, except for my step-son, who has a custom built Arrma Granite 4X4 police truck. If i can spend less money, and it still works for me, i am perfectly ok with that. This, however, is my real hobby, which i dont skimp on:

Modified 7.jpg

Attachments

• Stock Car 1.jpg
    Stock Car 1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Stock Car 3.jpg
    Stock Car 3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Stock Car 4.jpg
    Stock Car 4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Modified 1.jpg
    Modified 1.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Modified 2.jpg
    Modified 2.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 46
  • Modified 3.jpg
    Modified 3.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Modified 4.jpg
    Modified 4.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Modified 5.jpg
    Modified 5.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Modified 6.jpg
    Modified 6.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 53
But that part of the fun of the internet. You get to judge and belittle people you don't even know so you can feel better about yourself.
Everyone can be an expert about anything.
Meh I don't let them get to me and if they are persistent little rectal orifices there is always ignore.

Cool cars

I am with ya there man. I don't have a problem with cheap RC's. But you have to understand people here aren't really trying to say you are a tightwad, or cheap because you are buying off-brand or lower grade RC stuff. It's just hard to be on here giving advice to people and say "yeah, that is going to work great", when it is an unknown.

A lot of us have been in the hobby awhile (1983 was when I bought my first RC), and knowing parts, or brands that work, it's hard not to recommend them. So don't take it the wrong way if someone says something that might be viewed as a slight against you, or your budget. It's just in this hobby, sadly, there has been a long line of stuff come out of China that has not been very good. So pointing it out is just a way of steering someone in a direction of the least problems sometimes. Take what is said with a grain of salt. But I will agree... some here need to be a bit more couteous when it comes to being blunt about off-brand RC's.

I personally have probably $1000 or more worth of cheap Chinese RC's. From WLToys, Feiyue, WPL, HG, and even some name brands I can't ever remember how to spell. Every one of them work, and have for years, except the WPL stuff that is only down because I mod them to the point they aren't any brand name anymore 😜

Oh, love the race stuff man. I used to love going to LRP in Putnamville and watch them run. I even worked in the pits one time helping a buddy on an Outlaw Sprint. Lots of killer action on those small tracks.

But that part of the fun of the internet. You get to judge and belittle people you don't even know so you can feel better about yourself.
Everyone can be an expert about anything.
Meh I don't let them get to me and if they are persistent little rectal orifices there is always ignore.

Cool cars
Honestly, i have never understood that way of thinking. Instead of bashing others to make yourself feel better, why not try working on yourself, so that you can feel better about yourself? Normally, they dont bother me, but, it seems to be consistent across all 4 forums I'm on the last 3 days.

As for my cars. i co-own them with my brother, and I've heard enough crap from him this week as it is, especially about the modified. He wants to run a big block next year, and i dont, so its been a constant back and forth.
I am with ya there man. I don't have a problem with cheap RC's. But you have to understand people here aren't really trying to say you are a tightwad, or cheap because you are buying off-brand or lower grade RC stuff. It's just hard to be on here giving advice to people and say "yeah, that is going to work great", when it is an unknown.

A lot of us have been in the hobby awhile (1983 was when I bought my first RC), and knowing parts, or brands that work, it's hard not to recommend them. So don't take it the wrong way if someone says something that might be viewed as a slight against you, or your budget. It's just in this hobby, sadly, there has been a long line of stuff come out of China that has not been very good. So pointing it out is just a way of steering someone in a direction of the least problems sometimes. Take what is said with a grain of salt. But I will agree... some here need to be a bit more couteous when it comes to being blunt about off-brand RC's.

I personally have probably $1000 or more worth of cheap Chinese RC's. From WLToys, Feiyue, WPL, HG, and even some name brands I can't ever remember how to spell. Every one of them work, and have for years, except the WPL stuff that is only down because I mod them to the point they aren't any brand name anymore 😜

Oh, love the race stuff man. I used to love going to LRP in Putnamville and watch them run. I even worked in the pits one time helping a buddy on an Outlaw Sprint. Lots of killer action on those small tracks.
I only recommend the cheap stuff that has consistently worked for me, like HSP/Redcat cars, and HW ESC's. I have tried a whole list of cheap/off brand stuff, and most i wouldnt recommend to anyone. I started with RC stuff (Tamiya, Kyosho, and Futaba (i still have my Futaba FX10) in 1985. Back then i had a bunch of Tamiya Grasshopper's and Frog's, 2 Kyosho Raiders, and 2 FX10's. I just started reviving my 1995 Tamiya TL01 for my step-son to use. Both of my FX10's are a lost cause, so they just sit in a box. I recently was digging through a box of vintage stuff and found an old Novak Duster II sport, and i havent used the TL01 in so long, it had the same ESC in it when i pulled it out. There are a lot of posts though that i ignore, because its either vehicles i have never owned, like Traxxas, although, if my GF has her way, that will change, or stuff that i dont do, like soldering and paint.

We race at several small tracks, mainly Dundee and Woodhull in upstate N.Y., but have also been at Weedsport, Canadaiqua, Brewrton and Fulton. My dad, grandfather, and several of my uncles used to race at Chemung back in the 1960's when it was still dirt, but, they recently redid it as asphalt.

Last edited:
I had a Redcat Blackout and ran it until I threw it away. A perfectly fine car and I had a lot of fun with it but at the time there were no parts and finally some critical parts broke. We moved and the broken car didn't make the trip. It seems to be way different with the brand now.

I had a Redcat Blackout that i gave to my step-son, and he recently broke the chassis on. Before that, i ran it several times very hard, including on a BMX track, and a skate park, and only broke a shock tower. I have a video of it when i ran it at the BMX track. It broke the shock tower, and i still kept running it until the battery died.

I constantly hear comments about me doing things the cheap way, which i admit i do, but, there are valid reasons for it, the first being, RC is not my only, or even my first hobby. My first hobby is 1:1 Race cars, and, anyone who knows anything about dirt cars knows that by the time you build them, there typically isnt much money left for anything. I only got into RC stuff as a way to have something to do in the off season, and, frankly, because of a couple girls i went to school with that raced RC stuff. I dont feel though that, even if i had more in the budget to spend on them, that it is necessary to spend exorbitant amounts of money on something i am just going to beat on in fields, yards, skate parks, and BMX tracks, and typically, i dont feel i should have to justify why i do the things i do, but, after the last couple of days, i feel it is warranted. Over the years, i have had expensive kits from TLR and AE, and spent the money on Castle and Reedy stuff, but, then i found i can spend a lot less and have just as much fun with the cheaper stuff, and, in some cases, much less maintenance, as i did with the more expensive stuff. Perfect example, i have a Losi 22S, and an Arrma Fury, and, honestly, i like my Fury a lot, but, the 22S is much simpler to deal with, since it has things like fixed links, so i dont have to spend time adjusting things. I can just throw a battery in it and go run it. I am also not one to spend a bunch of money to impress anyone, or for bragging right, like i see a lot of people doing. I very rarely ever run my stuff with other people, except for my step-son, who has a custom built Arrma Granite 4X4 police truck. If i can spend less money, and it still works for me, i am perfectly ok with that. This, however, is my real hobby, which i dont skimp on:

View attachment 135477
I dont think anyone cares what you do for your own hobby practices. you're hobbies are your hobbies and its your money spend it any way you want. I dont think theres anyone in here that would say differently. The problem, at least from my point of view, is when people come to the forum asking for advice and they are given advice that is generally considered outside of "known good practices". There are certain generally accepted notions of what are good budget products and bad budget products. When someone recommends anything from the category of "generally not accepted as being good products" you can expect to get pushback from the people that consider it to be less than sound advice. Its not an attack on you personally its just the people giving you push back are trying to protect the person asking for advice from making a potentially bad choice. I'm not saying it will be a bad choice its just the odds improve of the guy asking for advice to have a negative experience which is what others are trying to avoid happening.

You regularly get pushback because you're always recommending brands that generally considered to be "bad budget brands". For example, HSP, Exceed, Redcat and WLToys are all generally considered to be bad budget brands. Theres a reason these brands have such inexpensive rigs and parts and thats because they lack quality compared to other better brands.

Other times you get push back because you'll recommend something that makes sense for you but not for the guy asking for advice. For example You made the recommendation to Stigtheone to buy a Redcat rebranded sensorless Hobbywing ESC for $45 off of eBay when He can buy an actual Hobbywing ESC thats the same model and sensored for $39 from HWs website. Now it later came out that you buy these Redcat rebrands because the Hobbywing model requires soldering and you dont solder. Well that decision to spend $7 more for an item the is less capable makes sense for you because you dont solder but it had already been established earlier in the thread that Stig does solder so that recommendation doesn't make any sense for him.

Virtually all of the people in this forum are good people. No one cares how much money you spend on the hobby or what personal decisions you make for yourself in the hobby. People may not agree with those decisions but it aint there money so it doesn't matter what they think. You do you. Where you're gonna get pushback is making recommendations that are generally considered bad advice/bad products because what people do care about is making sure that people who ask help, especially people who are new, get sound advice and have good experiences.

I think your perception of whats happened to you is skewed a bit. One example of why I say this is from your post above where you make the statement "I am also not one to spend a bunch of money to impress anyone, or for bragging right, like i see a lot of people doing." I dont see anyone spending large amounts of money to have bragging rights. I see a bunch of people who are spending whatever they feel like they can afford to add to their hobby collections that they enjoy and we all get excited about our new toys and want to share the experience with our friends and forum mates. I dont see anyone passing judgment on anyone else over what they were or werent able to buy. Only judgement that I've seen is whether or not advice is sound or not.

Just my .02. Take it with a grain of salt. For what its worth if I ever personally made you feel this way then I apologize, it wasn't intentional.

P.S. The 1:1s are bad ass by the way. I really love that stock car 😍

I build all my RCs stock excepta few parts. until somethings breaks. At that point I will upgrade to what I know works better. For that part or for that item... and just like you saying that traxxas is crap. And will never suggest them..That's how I feel about redcat. I have two of them. And they are just crap and a copy of chinesium crap.. and really have no aftermarket support. That's why I call them cheap crap nor would I ever suggest them to anyone for their first RC..there are better RCs out there and it's better to give them something they can work on and enjoy then be disappointed all the time from it breaking and not working... and what works for you or me probably or might not work for the next guy. Its not what's better then the next it's what is know to work better in that situation or for that part.. as a 1.1 racer you should know that.. your not going out to buy a poop motor or a crapy intake because you know that it will poop out at the worst time possible or sooner then later. And then will need to buy another one..But will save a little extra to get that better motor.. because you know with the better motor it's going to last longer and be more dependable. And probably won't need to buy another for a while.. same in RCs.. I'm not going to suggest cheaper parts..because I know from buying the cheaper parts yrs ago when I didn't know better and couldn't affordgood parts.. That I will only end up buying them again. Because I didn't want to wait another week or two. To save up to get the better stuff. Now I know better. If I need quality parts or something or parts I will save up to when I can get the better quality parts.. There's nothing more expensive then the cheap parts you buy...in general speaking.. when you buy the cheaper stuff and you buy 3 of them. In a row you could have saved the money and bought the better stuff that would last longer...to each there own.. its about haven fun. And you can't learn by not haven debates or being open minded to knew thing. And give them a try.. and as far as I thought we were all grown men.. didn't know haven debates and saying this or that about what you buy or what I buy. Got people butt hurt. Some one will always have something to say about some thing you did or say.. it has happen my whole life.. its life its not full of nice love people that will agree with everything you do.. nor does anyone care about Feeling this isn't therapy. It's a RC forum I don't get it..WOW

They all break. We pulled our Arrma Granite out of the box, I set the slipper clutch per a video on the Arrma forum, and ran it through about 3/4 of a pack when it shredded a driveshaft. I managed to fix it and it shredded another driveshaft on the next pack. Same on the 3rd pack, but both rear driveshafts were mangled pretty good by that point.

Horizon warranted them and gave me 4 new ones. Sure enough, next run, smoked a brand new one. Since then, we don't run it in grass because it destroys the axles every time. Bummer. Yet my son has 3 other RC's he runs through grass, dirt, asphault, snow, and they have never once broke. They have cartwheeled on asphalt over and over and keep going. They are Chinese ones that were some of the earliest releases by WLToys and Feiyue. I bought upgraded parts for them as soon as I ordered them. Those upgrades are still in their packages. So not all cheap Chinese stuff is bad. Some of it is better than some big name stuff.

And to be fair - almost everything in this hobby is made in China. Especially anything sold by Horizon, and now it seems Kyosho. I am sure Traxxas is too? I mean look how many people complain about the electronics in Arrma, Traxxas, etc. Our WLToys is still running the stock servo, and it has had at least 50 packs ran through it.

Any way that's cool you race dirt.nice stock and mod cars there 👍👍 We got a small track couple towns over. That run stock and mod and wing cars on the weekends during the summer.. you only race up in NY or you go all over? You come down to jersey to race or to the Poconos??

I think your perception of whats happened to you is skewed a bit. One example of why I say this is from your post above where you make the statement "I am also not one to spend a bunch of money to impress anyone, or for bragging right, like i see a lot of people doing." I dont see anyone spending large amounts of money to have bragging rights. I see a bunch of people who are spending whatever they feel like they can afford to add to their hobby collections that they enjoy and we all get excited about our new toys and want to share the experience with our friends and forum mates. I dont see anyone passing judgment on anyone else over what they were or werent able to buy. Only judgement that I've seen is whether or not advice is sound or not.

Just my .02. Take it with a grain of salt. For what its worth if I ever personally made you feel this way then I apologize, it wasn't intentional.

P.S. The 1:1s are bad ass by the way. I really love that stock car 😍
The whole, for bragging rights thing i actually see more locally than on the forums, and, the other day was out running one of my cars, and yet again ran into the fanboys that are constantly touting why that one brand is better. However, one of the things i constantly see on forums is the need for aftermarket parts, which i will never understand. I stay away from brands that need aftermarket stuff, but, i have also seen where some guys make that part of their recommendation, which i will never understand and, after other things I've seen one a couple of brand specific forums, it just seems like its a variation of the, look at me and look at how much money i can afford to throw away, mentality. If stock parts arent capable, then why bother with that brand in the first place?

As for the street stock, its actually a hand-me-down, if you will. It was my dads car before medical issues took him out of racing, then it was passed on to me and my younger brother, and he was a consultant until he passed away two years ago.

They all break. We pulled our Arrma Granite out of the box, I set the slipper clutch per a video on the Arrma forum, and ran it through about 3/4 of a pack when it shredded a driveshaft. I managed to fix it and it shredded another driveshaft on the next pack. Same on the 3rd pack, but both rear driveshafts were mangled pretty good by that point.

Horizon warranted them and gave me 4 new ones. Sure enough, next run, smoked a brand new one. Since then, we don't run it in grass because it destroys the axles every time. Bummer. Yet my son has 3 other RC's he runs through grass, dirt, asphault, snow, and they have never once broke. They have cartwheeled on asphalt over and over and keep going. They are Chinese ones that were some of the earliest releases by WLToys and Feiyue. I bought upgraded parts for them as soon as I ordered them. Those upgrades are still in their packages. So not all cheap Chinese stuff is bad. Some of it is better than some big name stuff.

And to be fair - almost everything in this hobby is made in China. Especially anything sold by Horizon, and now it seems Kyosho. I am sure Traxxas is too?
Traxxas is Taiwan. Horizon is horrible. Surprised they sent you new ones and didn't say you did something wrong and that's why it broke.. its sad that kyosho isn't made in Japan anymore. Quality is going to be going down the tube I'm sure. And lipos are all made in China since its the only place that you can get the material to make them.. I'm sure there is good parts made in China. But I wouldn't go out of my way to look for them nor would I order from there... to each there own... it just suck when you know they could have gotten it for a little more money if they got it here or there.. and they wouldn't be crying about the parts they bought because they just broke again and again... you know that's the part that sucks or the person that asked for some suggestions and they are giving then they go the complete opposite way. Then they are all butt hurt because they spent $$ on this part or this item. And 3 days later it crapped out or burnt up.. well it was said don't do that but you did so oh well maybe next time sorry 👍👍

The whole, for bragging rights thing i actually see more locally than on the forums, and, the other day was out running one of my cars, and yet again ran into the fanboys that are constantly touting why that one brand is better. However, one of the things i constantly see on forums is the need for aftermarket parts, which i will never understand. I stay away from brands that need aftermarket stuff, but, i have also seen where some guys make that part of their recommendation, which i will never understand and, after other things I've seen one a couple of brand specific forums, it just seems like its a variation of the, look at me and look at how much money i can afford to throw away, mentality. If stock parts arent capable, then why bother with that brand in the first place?

As for the street stock, its actually a hand-me-down, if you will. It was my dads car before medical issues took him out of racing, then it was passed on to me and my younger brother, and he was a consultant until he passed away two years ago.
A lot of RC's nowadays are built cheap. And the aftermarket allows you to buy them that way and mod them to your liking. Personally, the most joy I get out of this hobby is working on the RC's, hopping them up, and watching my kiddo run them. I have a lot of upgrades done that weren't because something broke. It's just because I like to tinker and modify things. Everything from my 3d printers, RC cars, computer, etc has been hopped up.

Sorry about your dad bud.... there's not one rc out there that doesn't break..they are designed that way you will always need aftermarket..don't need anything special. I always try to stay with plastic. Aluminum is to expensive to buy and have break. Only certain parts in my opinion can be Aluminum. Other then that it's always plastic. Maybe better plastic but it still aftermarket

I build all my RCs stock excepta few parts. until somethings breaks. At that point I will upgrade to what I know works better. For that part or for that item... and just like you saying that traxxas is crap. And will never suggest them..That's how I feel about redcat. I have two of them. And they are just crap and a copy of chinesium crap.. and really have no aftermarket support. That's why I call them cheap crap nor would I ever suggest them to anyone for their first RC..there are better RCs out there and it's better to give them something they can work on and enjoy then be disappointed all the time from it breaking and not working... and what works for you or me probably or might not work for the next guy. Its not what's better then the next it's what is know to work better in that situation or for that part.. as a 1.1 racer you should know that.. your not going out to buy a poop motor or a crapy intake because you know that it will poop out at the worst time possible or sooner then later. And then will need to buy another one..But will save a little extra to get that better motor.. because you know with the better motor it's going to last longer and be more dependable. And probably won't need to buy another for a while.. same in RCs.. I'm not going to suggest cheaper parts..because I know from buying the cheaper parts yrs ago when I didn't know better and couldn't affordgood parts.. That I will only end up buying them again. Because I didn't want to wait another week or two. To save up to get the better stuff. Now I know better. If I need quality parts or something or parts I will save up to when I can get the better quality parts.. There's nothing more expensive then the cheap parts you buy...in general speaking.. when you buy the cheaper stuff and you buy 3 of them. In a row you could have saved the money and bought the better stuff that would last longer...to each there own.. its about haven fun. And you can't learn by not haven debates or being open minded to knew thing. And give them a try.. and as far as I thought we were all grown men.. didn't know haven debates and saying this or that about what you buy or what I buy. Got people butt hurt. Some one will always have something to say about some thing you did or say.. it has happen my whole life.. its life its not full of nice love people that will agree with everything you do.. nor does anyone care about Feeling this isn't therapy. It's a RC forum I don't get it..WOW
Where do you get that Redcat doesn't have aftermarket support? There are only two of their vehicles i have seen so far that dont have aftermarket stuff available. As for the rest, multiple companies make aftermarket parts for them. While they dont have RPM support, HSP, HobbyPark, and several other companies not only make parts for them, but, if you really want them, several companies make complete aluminum kits and parts for them. As for Traxxas, for the price you pay for them, i think it is ridiculous to have to spend just as much, or even more on upgrades just to make them durable. To me, if i can't go out and jump a vehicle on concrete ramps without it breaking, and the only way to stop that from happening is to buy aftermarket parts, since the stock parts wont hold up, then that vehicle is garbage, and most of Traxxas stuff is like that. Take DHK Hobby for perfect example. I run their vehicles hard at a concrete skate park, and have for awhile now, and so far, i have broken exactly one front a-arm, and one center gear box housing and nothing else.
Any way that's cool you race dirt.nice stock and mod cars there 👍👍 We got a small track couple towns over. That run stock and mod and wing cars on the weekends during the summer.. you only race up in NY or you go all over? You come down to jersey to race or to the Poconos??
We only race dirt in upstate N.Y. I have been to the NASCAR races at Pocono, as well as NHRA at E-town, but thats about it.

All brands need after market support. No matter how much they cost. Having after market support ensures that you can take a kit and make it as strong as possible so it breaks less often than it would otherwise with stock parts. Honestly I think a lot of companies build em to break out of the box in order to try to push people to either buy replacements or upgrade to non stock parts. Just their way of making more money.

Brand specific forums I generally stay away from unless I need some sort of brand specific information that I can't get here. Those kinds of forums tend to be full of fanboys jerkin' each other off cuz "their brand". If you go in to those forums and start talking about anything other than that brand and people start acting like you have 2 heads.

Where do you get that Redcat doesn't have aftermarket support?
Compared to a lot of brands Redcats after market support is pretty limited and a lot of the aluminum hop ups that you can find for them are made from cheap garbage aluminum.

Sorry to hear that but it is a sweet car fo sho!

All brands need after market support. No matter how much they cost. Having after market support ensures that you can take a kit and make it as strong as possible so it breaks less often than it would otherwise with stock parts. Honestly I think a lot of companies build em to break out of the box in order to try to push people to either buy replacements or upgrade to non stock parts. Just their way of making more money.

Brand specific forums I generally stay away from unless I need some sort of brand specific information that I can't get here. Those kinds of forums tend to be full of fanboys jerkin' each other off cuz "their brand". If you go in to those forums and start talking about anything other than that brand and people start acting like you have 2 heads.

Sorry to hear that but it is a sweet car fo sho!
Due to mine and my brothers agreement (body and paint on the SS is all him, and on the mod its all me) i have a feeling the SS wont be my dads colors anymore next year. This year was horrid for both cars though. Blew 5 engines in the SS, and 3 in the mod, so we sat out the last 3 races with both cars this year.

Where do you get that Redcat doesn't have aftermarket support? There are only two of their vehicles i have seen so far that dont have aftermarket stuff available. As for the rest, multiple companies make aftermarket parts for them. While they dont have RPM support, HSP, HobbyPark, and several other companies not only make parts for them, but, if you really want them, several companies make complete aluminum kits and parts for them. As for Traxxas, for the price you pay for them, i think it is ridiculous to have to spend just as much, or even more on upgrades just to make them durable. To me, if i can't go out and jump a vehicle on concrete ramps without it breaking, and the only way to stop that from happening is to buy aftermarket parts, since the stock parts wont hold up, then that vehicle is garbage, and most of Traxxas stuff is like that. Take DHK Hobby for perfect example. I run their vehicles hard at a concrete skate park, and have for awhile now, and so far, i have broken exactly one front a-arm, and one center gear box housing and nothing else.

We only race dirt in upstate N.Y. I have been to the NASCAR races at Pocono, as well as NHRA at E-town, but thats about it.
I run stock Traxxas stuff all day. So don't know what your talking about. poop I have had my X for over six months and it's still completely stock. Still haven't broke a arm yet. Or smokes the esc or a diff. It's all about the way you drive and maintain your stuff man. And there no F-ing way I would get a full aluminum kit for any rc that's just dumb to spend that $$ on something that will break

I'm starting to learn that. I only went to the brand specific forums because i bought an ECX chassis/slider, and my GF keeps pushing me to buy a Slash, just so i can say i have actually say i owned one, since everytime i ask about a 2WD replacement for my RE Pro2/Team C TS2, the first recommendation is always the Slash.

I run stock Traxxas stuff all day. So don't know what your talking about. poop I have had my X for over six months and it's still completely stock. Still haven't broke a arm yet. Or smokes the esc or a diff. It's all about the way you drive and maintain your stuff man. And there no F-ing way I would get a full aluminum kit for any rc that's just dumb to spend that $
Brand specific forums I generally stay away from unless I need some sort of brand specific information that I can't get here
To hell with the brand specific forums they all suck. Can't say anything about that brand with out being scolded or band. I can't stand any of them...

Back