picco .26 tmaxx 4909 build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tablelegslim86

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
currently putting together a tmaxx 4909 with picco .26 max. I'm having trouble finding a header to fit my jp4 .not really interested in rear exhaust looking for a big fat side pipe setup. what's the best route to take to get this performing at its best. I've just about exhausted myself and all resources I have at hand trying to find something to fit.in can fabricate one to fit but that would be my last resort. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 15230809784491021149554.jpg
    15230809784491021149554.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 275
Maybe send THS an email to see if they could tell you the ID of the pipe end of their header:
https://thsracing.com/shop?keywords=maxx&olsPage=products/145hm-t-maxx-hard-coated-manifold

Ha! Actually, just noticed, they post the size on the page, looks like they could use spell check though:

Opening Dimentions:
Engine side= 16mm I.D.
Pipe side= 17mm I.D.

I have their high torque revo pipe on my OS21Tm and it does really well. I have their big block pipe on my LRP28 revo, but I had to destroy an LST header to fit it as the angle on their header was intended for the traxxas big block mount, not the big new era leaner mount. Their header kicked the end of the pipe way up in the air.

I think I'm going with the revo ,but it seems to have its own set of complications can't find the revo motor mount on the Internet for poop so I rigged up some bs with the tmaxx mount and now the throttle setup. any advice on this headache? I should have just bought the Savage 5.9 . I may but my old trusty 3.3 on the tmaxx

found the .26 max mount for the revo at Tony's hobbies and got a new chassis as well butchered the other one. now to figure out the throttle setup any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated . Definitely a lot more complicated than the tmaxx

I'm not sure. I think you can pretty much get away with stock throttle setup on that mount, perhaps I'm wrong. The new era mount raised the engine up an inch so you had to deal with that by using a wire guide block and a long kinked wire to get up to the throttle pivot.

On my 21TM revo, I just had to use the alternate hole on the stock mount to move the pivot away from the motor a bit.

Even with the stock throttle, I still replaced it with threaded end rod and used a different TRS tied to the pivot, a proper ball end on the pivot and an extra collar/spring on the throttle wire to pull the carb shut when braking vs relying solely on the TRS to do it. Not sure why traxxas did that as their TRS was so stinking stiff that people fry their stock servos just trying to drive the stupid thing.

For the NE mount, I ended up combining two wires, wrapping them with copper wire and soldering it so they acted as one stiff wire. Without doing that, the z-bend in the wire would allow too much flex and I couldn't actuate the carb properly. Totally hack, but I couldn't find stiffer/larger wire locally. All the stuff my LHS had was so soft that this was my only option.

My big block/leaner mount revo linkage:
2013-0517-RevoBBThrottleLinkage.jpg

2013-0517-Racer1966-RevoBBMount-THSPipe-CustomHeaderSide02.jpg

21Tm revo linkage:
2015-1019-RevoOS21TM_002.jpg

currently putting together a tmaxx 4909 with picco .26 max. I'm having trouble finding a header to fit my jp4 .not really interested in rear exhaust looking for a big fat side pipe setup. what's the best route to take to get this performing at its best. I've just about exhausted myself and all resources I have at hand trying to find something to fit.in can fabricate one to fit but that would be my last resort. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hey did u get this sorted out?

Back