pay pal Q's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster_GT_Kid

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
on pay pal it says u have to be over 18 to sign up? I'm 14 would this make a difference? thanx

Well, the general idea behind PayPal is to accosiate a Credit Card of some kind to an online point of sale. Usually, you have to be 18 to obtain any kind of credit card. i don't think PayPal would even let you sign up, you would get to the part where it asks for credit information and be screwed. And to tell the truth, Paypal is not a bank or other financial institution, Therefore- it is not regulated by federal law. Read the fine print in PayPals EULA, and maybe you will think twice about even using it.

just ask your parent to sign you up but becareful of what you do

i just want to do it because i would like to buy stuff from here because buying stuff new is so expensive.

you dont have to have paypal to buy from here.. most members will hold the item and let you send them a money order.. you hav to have a credit/debit card to use paypal

You can do paypal with a bank account, I don't think they require a credit card. Though, I signed up and have been a PP user since it was "new." I think the 18 thing may have more to do with being legally responsible for entering into a contract. If your under 18 you can get out of those things since your a minor. It happened to my cousin, she signed up for a lifetime membership with Bally's and she was only 16. Well she couldn't even pay for it at the time and Bally's wanted their cash of course. They called the house and were starting to leave threatening messages and stuff and then my aunt and uncle found out about it. Bally's wanted them to pay and were going to try and hold them responsible until my uncle's lawyer stepped in and said she's under 18 nothing you can do, so Bally's basically had to tear up the contract.

ya i have a bank acount with money i want to spend. i will talk to my mom make sure its ok.

I actually use paypal, myself... They allow you to use either a bank account or a credit card. To the best of my memory, they didn't ask for a credit card number when I signed up with them... but it's been years...

Without creditcard, you won't be able to get your account verified so you won't have a confirmed shipping address. A lot of sellers will not ship to unconfirmed address including myself. However, if you have very good feedback rating then it is another case.

No, you don't need a credit card to have it verified. I have mine through a bank-account, and to confirm it, paypal makes 2 small deposits, then withdraws them once you tell them the two seperate deposits to confirm that you are in fact the owner of the account.

cvec7 said:
No, you don't need a credit card to have it verified. I have mine through a bank-account, and to confirm it, paypal makes 2 small deposits, then withdraws them once you tell them the two seperate deposits to confirm that you are in fact the owner of the account.

This is true very true..Once you get the two deposits..GO to your account and verify the amount your good to go!

cvec7 said:

I am talking about confirmed shipping address = your creditcard billing address.

My shipping adress is confirmed as well...and I have never ever used a CC on my paypal account....

MyJeep said:
I am talking about confirmed shipping address = your creditcard billing address.
Not true with PP, all you have to do is provide your account info for your bank account and confirm the deposit.