painting wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offroadrcguy

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
i have a tmaxx which the original ckrome on the wheels came off and i removed the rest with degreaser. is there a blue chrome paint. i dont want to dye the wheels but paint them a chrome blue. tips on what paint
any help appreciated
thanks
I'm thinking of using enamel spray paints

Last edited:
i have a tmaxx which the original ckrome on the wheels came off and i removed the rest with degreaser. is there a blue chrome paint. i dont want to dye the wheels but paint them a chrome blue. tips on what paint
any help appreciated
thanks
I'm thinking of using enamel spray paints
Whats up bud. To paint them you will need to do it in steps. Clean really good. Then prime them. Least two coats. Then you can paint Then clear coat them. Or they will chip.. I use the Rust-oleum or the Krylon fusion.. prep in key....

ok thanks
i have a question. so how does the traxxas company paint their wheels? same way?

alright thanks
so just making sure i will prep with primer then i will use enamel spraypaint?
really apreciate your help

at hobbylobby they have liquid chrome in pens or for airbrushing and it looks like real chrome, kinda pricey though

alright thanks
so just making sure i will prep with primer then i will use enamel spraypaint?
really apreciate your help
It doesn't need to be enamel spraypaint.. I use regular water based paint "acrylic". If using enamel paint. Just make sure you spray it in very light layers. The enamel paint will take longer to dry and cure as well...