os 21xz-r speed on a jato! need tuning help please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howard85may

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I currently have a jato big block swap with an os 21xz-r speed on it with all the supporting mods done. I am having a little trouble getting the tune dial in correctly, i set my hsn at 3 turns out from fully closed and lsn flush with slide body. it runs decent but occasionally after a wide open throttle run the idle tends to hang up and the engine wants to keep revving? I've tried richening the hsn and lsn but then the lsn becomes too sluggish out of the gate? Help please i dont want to ruin a great engine. thanks for all your help.

so i was tuning today and i think i just about got it right, first i brought it up to temps, then started leaning the low speed and lowering the idle until i reached the lean low end bog then i richened it back up 30 degrees? does this sound about right? help please guys i dont want to ruin a 500 dollar engine.

You have an engine that most of us on this forum do not use. specific questions on a machine of your caliber will stump alot of us. My generic advise is this... when in doubt, richen the needles. you will never hurt an engine by having a rich needle. (unless its a traxxas 3.3)

I appreciate that info.

cool. thanks man i really appreciate it.