OS .21 - RG vs. RZ

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
man what a price difference - and according to tower's website the HP ratings are 1.9 vs 2.2 . Anyone know about these engines, or own them. RG any good? thinking about getting it instead of the RZ since I will mostly just be bashing with the buggy it is going into.
any help would be appreciated

I have the rg. Its an awesome engine. Its not the most powerful engine out their but it defently got some balls. It moves my t-maxx and terra crusher around like they weigh nothing. It holds a tune extremely well. This engine defently has enough power to move a buggy. My rg is still spitting some raw fuel out the pipe and has tons of balls. I havent been able to run it lately with the clutch problems i have been having. The RZ seems to me to be more of a racing engine. And the RG, a bashing engine. Hope this helps. If you got any questions feel free to ask.

They BOTH have balls! And are both GREAT mills. You can't go wrong with either. I have, and run, the RZ V01b and man this thing SCREAMS!!!!! And runs cool to boot! I have driven with the RG (not mine) and likewise, mucho grande cha cha's!

They will both hold a tune like a dream and are VERY reliable.

Although I have no experience with the RG, I have ran the RZ quite a bit. It is one of the better engines on the market that I have seen. Plenty of power to run with the big boys, plus you get OS workmanship and one of the best carbs made. May not have the top end that some of the others have, but if you do race, it's nice knowing that you have a dependable engine that will not flame out or fail on you during a race. OS's are easy to tune and maintain and parts availability is probably the best of any other manufacturer. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

.....that high end it might not have like the others is usually not even seen on a track. Too short.

And the RZ, while some may say is for racing, can just as easily be used for bashing. I dont see why it couldnt be. Thats all I use it for and I love it.

That's correct. For just about all tracks, there really is only one straight. I would much rather give up a little on one portion of the track with the top end b/c it has more than enough low end to get that time back through the technical sections of most tracks. Also, the engine has a good linear feel to it and doesn't feel like it builds up and then explodes. Just for the record, the P5 is very similar. I actually feel like it is a little better all around.

This just came up but...christian, why are there some people labeled talkaholics and some RC Qualifiers. Its because we post over 10 times a day right?
[move]-Kellen[/move]

No idea - Woodie would have to explain it or setup a post with what title come into play when.

Sorry.

thanks guys - i am going with the .21 rg - the price difference is just too big for me, and i am going to be bashing more, so i think that the rg will be a lil more reliable even if a bit slower. thanks for all the help!!

FlyinRazorback is a "talkaholics" and he posts not even twice a day. no clue.

I'm labled as "n00bie". That, however, wasn't automated. :x

Good luck on that engine nitronewbie. I have $260 and I'm kinda kicking around the new mill idea too.

First I would like to thank all the people that made the Talkaholic award possible. Without you guys, none of this......:p

Does it really matter? My guess is that it probably says that due to the # of posts since I've been signed up, not the # of posts per day.

Back