Original E Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead Matt

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got an old used 14.4 E Maxx. It's fun as heck! I picked up 2 3000 Venoms for it and it rips pretty good. My question is can I use packs with different mah's? I have a 3000 venom and a 4200 Tenergy I would like to run together. Thanks.

i wouldnt do it. one pack will die way before the other and may cause glitches.

I agree with beason. I have the same modil and I run two 7.2v 6 sell 4200mAh in it and it goes nuts.

Yeah, I was worried about the 3000 dropping to unsafe volts. But if I never let the 3000 drop below 5.4 volts, I should be fine. Just have to watch it close and check the volts accordingly while running it. I'm satisfied with the run time the 2 3000's give me, so I figure I'll jot down how long I run with the 3000's and do the same with the 4200 and the 3000.

You could do it but it is not recommended, but if you decide to put the bigger of the 2 batteries on the side that runs you servos, I belive that's how it works, at least on my Novak HV system only 1 of the 2 batteries runs the internal BEC, and I believe that it was the same way with my stock esc and more then likely is because Novak made the esc's for traxxas back then, the easy way to find out would be to plug in only one battery and turn on the power switch, if your truck powers on then you are pluged into the right battery if nothing try the other side, if still nothing then it uses both batteries...just an idea, but make sure you keep a real close i on things so you don't over discharge you smaller battery...

That's a great idea. I've noticed that the truck won't power up unless both batteries are plugged in, but I've never tried one at a time and payed attention to what you mentioned. Regardless, while running the truck, I normally stop for a cool down and charge as soon as I notice a decrease in performance. No more driving in circles until it stops to dump the batteries like back in the nicd days.

Your exactly right about one side of the esc powering steering inputs. I'm wanting to try it, but disassembling 2 good packs doesn't make much sense. Any other opinions?

I'M new to electric . How do you hook up 2 battries at the same time and what is the advantage? ( is it run time or proformence?)

the emaxx has a evx that uses two batteries. it has two connectors and feeds 2 motors.

ok i thought people were putting 2 batteries on a car that really only took one.kinda dumb sorry. told ya i was new to elec.:hehe: