New battery time

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Uncles batteries are done, my batteries are done. My batteries, got them used from a old rc friend. 75 bucks, for 2 Maclan shorty packs, and got me a bit over a year of racing, not gonna complain, as 2 new ones are 200+.

Racing on a budget, so no need for the expensive ones like the 100 dollar protek and maclan ones. Just going to go straight to the CNHL ones.

Planning to surprise my uncle with new batteries, so for him, thinking about the 4900 Combo, 120C 7.4 shorty batteries. 42 bucks and on sale right now, thats a deal. https://chinahobbyline.com/collecti...4v-2s-120c-hard-case-lipo-battery-with-t-plug (He only runs regular 7.4v lipos as his electronics are a bit old, and not sure if they can handle LiHV)

For me, I am getting the 5200 120C 7.6 shorty packs. 74 bucks. https://chinahobbyline.com/products...ery-with-ec3-plug?_pos=2&_sid=c005e4ae9&_ss=r

One of my racer friends use CNHLs and they are pretty good for him, and I know @Greywolf74 tested them, and @Bogda89 used them.

We will see how they do in the long run. If they last for another year, for this price, ain't gonna complain. (I always buy batteries in pairs, especially for racing)

:)

I've been running some CNHL Racing Series LiPo packs all summer long in my SCT410SL. I don't remember how long of run times my 6600mAh packs were giving me (at least 13 minutes), but they seem like very good packs. I'd buy more of them. For high traction, high demanding power requirements I can't give any first hand results.
1694975694880.png

You'll have to report back on your findings, because those 4900mAh shorty pack are on my wish list for my mini truggy build.

I've been running some CNHL Racing Series LiPo packs all summer long in my SCT410SL. I don't remember how long of run times my 6600mAh packs were giving me (at least 13 minutes), but they seem like very good packs. I'd buy more of them. For high traction, high demanding power requirements I can't give any first hand results.
View attachment 171600

You'll have to report back on your findings, because those 4900mAh shorty pack are on my wish list for my mini truggy build.
Yep will do!
Yea looking into those stick packs for my future sct. Or if I get into on-road, I'm pretty sure most touring car chassis use stick packs as well?

are CHNLs any good for bashing? i kinda want to get one with like 10000mah for twice as much runtime. id use it in a vendetta, it kills 5000mah pretty fast.

New china batteries. Both came at storage charge at 3.84v/cell like normal. IRs were 4.9/cell. Once I start cycling then, the IRs should go down.

The positive and negative are switched from my Maclan batteries so I will get a red marker to mark the positive side so I don't fry my ESC. Going to keep my Maclans for practice or spare batteries.

PXL_20230923_205114568.jpg

PXL_20230923_205117462.jpg

PXL_20230923_204119842.jpg

PXL_20230923_204208422.jpg

PXL_20230923_204313278.jpg

Didn't get the 4900s yet. But my uncle can get those for him self. Hopefully he buys them because he feels like these are not so good packs but I'll prove him otherwise. He was going to go back with ProMatch racing, but with these packs, and since they are on sale, 2 packs for 42 bucks, can't beat it, while ProMatch or any other brand would be 50 too 100 bucks just for one. (Just wanna try to save him some money, because, yea, world is crazy right now)
Oop, they just went off sale, but that's alright. 54 bucks, still a amazing deal.

Thoughts: Pretty good (actually amazing) batteries for the price. Cells stayed balance and IRs stayed pretty low around 1 to 2 milliohms per cell. Runtime: should last easily over 15 minutes of driving on the track, or a 5min race easily. The positive and negative are reversed so the wires aren't tugging on the bullets.

Back