Operation: Iraqi Nitro Fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if someone figures out how to LEGALLY send over fuel, please post it on here, i am MORE than willing to send out a gallon of fuel to the troops. It does not matter to me if the troops are american or english, troops are troops, putting their own lives on the line so people can keep thir freedom. If that doesn't earn a bit of respect from people, then those people have no right to comment(sorry, small rant over).

To The Troops:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, YOU ARE APPRECIATED AND SO IS YOUR DEDICATION TO YOUR RESPECTIVE COUNTRY, I SALUTE YOU ALL. YOU DESERVE SOME DOWN TIME AND THROUGH YOUR R/C YOU ACHEIVE THAT. HERES TO GETTING YOU SOME FUEL BOYS (AND GIRLS) AND I WISH YOU ALL A SAFE RETURN TO YOUR HOME AND YOUR FAMILIES.

This website is bout to piss me right off, I mean WTF? why dont we help? all who cares send some fuel, is that too much to ask? NO!... I mean I posted a thread bout a old Kyosho and nobody knows, who the hell is let on here? I need a site where ppl know poop, I mean there was a thread that said "how to install an e-clip" WTF???????????? where is a site where ppl have mooooved on from ToysRus??? I mean come on, WTF??? I thought this was a site where ppl knew more than me,,, guess not haha. Love yall who do know more than me tho!!!:D

Try to tone it down a bit, there is a "FREE FOR ALL" thread if you want to have a rant. at least help get these boys (and girls) some fuel instead of having a rant.

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0254-1.jpg

Here's a taste of what we're using the fuel on. It's near completion minus a stand and nightlights and some minor fine tuning.

I'm with you Thunder tiger. If theres a way to get fuel over there I'm in. Say the word.

O by the way. Track looks great.

It seems like its a constant problem here... I personally just arrived about a month ago and I bought a nitro truck so I could have something to do. Seeing how so many people were running nitros... I didnt think it was a big problem. But now reality has set it. Everyone is reluntant to sell fuel to anyone else due to the difficulty of getting it shipped here. Personally I have 1 quart left and about 10 cancelled orders from different RC companies... which makes me worry about having to drop 900 to convert my SC8 to electric (conversion kit, motor+ecs,2x batteries, and charger?). If someone has a way or the means to keep me from having to do the conversion, please let me know. I really would rather spend that 900 on 78 ' IH Scout SS. Yes its completely essential to have... -_-

I've just gotten into R/C cars recently. Bought my first Nitro truck while on R&R. Previously in Iraq I used either cheap electrics, or my pride and joy, my Baja 5B.

I'm definitely going to look into how I can get nitro fuel while in Iraq. I know people can get it, because there are plenty of nitro cars that get ran at the track on Liberty.

Of course Id be interested in any help anyone could give me, either in fuel straight up or in advice on how to ship it out there or where to buy it.

My nitro arrived two days ago:D

Had my brother just label it as hobby parts and had no issue.

Anyone willing to help send me some nitro? I will pay for the nitro, the shipping and your troubles of course. Just looking to get my Slayer up and running. -le sigh-

Alrighty! My Slayer arrived today and I managed to get some fuel sent to me. can't wait to start racing my nitro out here! Anyone else still active out here or not?

Anyone else got any updates?

A few weeks back, I got a site to ship me some fuel in addition to other items, and it still hasnt arrived. I'm beginning to wonder if it got lost in the mail or caught at customs or something. It annoys me cause I dont have fuel, but also cause I had other items I needed in that order. Like new servos and shiznit.

I need to find a way to get fuel out here, I dont want to convert my Slayer to electric. But I want to drive it too. Bah!

Just have someone from home mail it to ya! Mine gets here in like 7-10 days.

I got a friend whos willing to try it. Here goes nothing...How do you recommend it be packaged for the trip to us through the Army mail system who often shows their great love of packages by ensuring they are tossed around as much as possible during transit? :p

My brother just sends Quarts in normal boxes. He wraps them in a trash bag (in case of a leak) and packs the box with packing paper.

Make sure the customs form reads "hobby parts" or something similar, what they dont know wont hurt them.

where are you at? I might could give ya a little to get your fix in.

Getting ready to go home and have an extra Q of 33% Top Fuel. Anyone on Speicher is welcome to it.

Great news!!

Gentlemen, and moderators.....Sorry it's been so long since I've posted any updates on the fuel situation for our fellow deployed U.S. Servicemembers but alas some great news. As many of you that have been following this thread (and a few others with similar references) I have been working hard to get a legal way for fuel to be obtained here in Iraq. Finally, with the help of the Regional AAFES manager for MND N, Leo Bitner, the fuel crisis will soon be a thing of the past. Of course, my tour is near an end thankfully and will not get to benefit, however I am sure by the number of inquirys into obtaining fuel here that there will be a great number of soldiers that will no longer be risking fines by having shipped over by friends and family as "hobby supplies". I will include the latest response from Leo regarding fuel availability at AAFES as well as his direct email address for future forum members to contact him should anyone have further details. If your inbound to this AO and think you might be at Kirkuk, best bring your car. Our track is up and operational, always needing a little tlc but quite capable as it is and ready for action. I hope to read posts about the use, abuse and changes by future users of my track long after I am out of this place. Good luck to all who remain in this area!! With the posting of this information below, I hereby pass the torch of the pursuit of fuel and management of "Shooter Raceway" to whoever will pick it up and run with it.

Quote from my correspondence with Leo Bitner as well as his contact information:

I’m glad you get to depart soon. Our vendors have confirmed they can bring in the fuel. Last I heard we were still waiting on the fire depts. to sign off on them stocking it. For sure, I hope we have it by the time you come back.

My year is up, however, I’m here 6 more months. No doubt will see you upon your return. Pls give my email to your buddies, so I can stay in touch. Thank you for having served our country. Travel safe. LEO

Leo Bitner
General Manager
Northern Area Exchange Iraq
DSN 318-845-6411
VOIP 214-312-1625
[email protected]

End quote.....I'm out!!:p::p::hehe:

Getting ready to go home and have an extra Q of 33% Top Fuel. Anyone on Speicher is welcome to it.

Over a gal and a half of 20% available at Warrior in cav country for whoever needs it to get going as well.

Awesome

CPT KIRK

I'm in Balad. I wonder if the Balad AAFES can get some fuel too. We've been dealing with the same issue here for the last couple of months. We have a bunch of cars... NO FUEL!!

what...someone at jabb can't get something? heh heh just kidding. The guy I was working with to get fuel resolved through aafes, Leo Bitner, has left theater i think but his email should still be good as listed in a previous post. I'm sure if you contact him, he will let you know who you need to contact to follow up on what he and I have managed to accomplish while there. I was actually hoping that it was no longer an issue and aafes had fuel and hobby stuff on the shelf by now but i guess that was just wishful thinking. I have been out of the area for a few months now and haven't pursued the issue further but I did list in great detail everything and everyone I tracked down while there. I'd like to highlight the Byron's fuel wholesaler there who was willing to give fuel if we could find a way to get it from kuwait to your rc. Since you are a little closer to air ops side of the airforce perhaps you can get you and your buddies fuel for the year without aafes. Just a thought. Please post what you find out in this thread for future deployed servicemembers trying to resolve the same issues.

Ok, I emailed Leo to find out who took over for him when he left. If his email is still valid and I get a reply, I will post it and leave it up to you to contact them and follow up.

has anybody figured out this issue? I'm at VBC

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm in Kuwait and am desperately trying to get fuel....when u ship them in the factory bottles do u remove the label? I have a savage and there's another soldier with two tmaxxs here but no fuel his family is too nervous to send fuel my family was willing provided we can guarantee they won't leak and therefore get us busted....what will happen if the package doesn't clear customs?

I am in Afghanistan, and while here I bought a revo 2.5r though ebay. It arrived with fuel in the tank. It did leaked out about 1/3 of the tank.
Something that I noticed is that when our supply receives windex, the boxes it comes in contains a labels that is meant to keep the box upright. I figured that I can get my brother to go to the dollar store, buy a unopened case of windex. Carefully open the box, clean out the windex bottles and ship the fuel that way. The box should stay upright avoiding the risk of leaking. It will also help not to fill the bottles all the way to the top.