Operation: Iraqi Nitro Fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cptvkirk, sen you an email with another us contractor here in Kuwait that dropped into the shop today, hopefully both contacts will be helpful.

i've contacted one and will write the other soon. I'll post whatever information I can find in here. As it stands right now, it's not looking good.

Hazmat is such a pain.

In an attempt to keep this thread alive for those who actually need it, i'm posting some recent good news in addition to the assistance provided above if we can work it out.

As I previously mentioned I have contacted, via email, every major nitro fuel supplyer and distributor I could get an email address for trying to figure out how to get fuel here in Iraq legally. Most replied with a big sorry that it sucks to be you, some didn't reply at all, but one, Marc from Byron Fuels not only replied with suggestions but also wrote back later with more information including a by name contact for the distributor in Kuwait whom he thought could help. He did. Not only is he staying in contact with me to continue helping to resolve the logistical issue of transporting fuel from Kuwait to Iraq but also, for purchases being shipped to deployed soldiers here in Iraq through AAFES, offered his products at COST. I know this might not sound like a big deal but here's a guy who has a business established paying the cost of special packaging and freight charges for hazmat shipping overseas and provides a quality product for rc hobbyists throught asia. He really doesn't need the business of a handfull of soldiers in Iraq to do well but hopefully gets it. By him offering fuel at cost to AAFES buyers here, they then need only add charges to cover the actual freight and handling and distibution throughout Iraq which will not only provide quality fuel for the soldier in need but also at a cost hopefully comparable to good deals found stateside.

I am still working this issue with AAFES, who for some reason is trying to deal with a supplier from texas, despite the fact that they had previously tried this same thing. But, the final cost to soldier, by the time it was available on the shelf, was too high. Even considering the risk of getting caught mailing to self, and was ultimately not purchased.

I hope anyone reading this appreciates what Byron fuels is trying to do for us here and if you are cosidering Byron as a fuel possibility that this information carries some weight in your decision.

P.S. don't post here to say how much better one fuel is over another because I don't care, I've looked at a lot and most quality fuels list their ingredients and content so you get what you order.

In an attempt to keep this thread alive for those who actually need it, i'm posting some recent good news in addition to the assistance provided above if we can work it out.

As I previously mentioned I have contacted, via email, every major nitro fuel supplyer and distributor I could get an email address for trying to figure out how to get fuel here in Iraq legally. Most replied with a big sorry that it sucks to be you, some didn't reply at all, but one, Marc from Byron Fuels not only replied with suggestions but also wrote back later with more information including a by name contact for the distributor in Kuwait whom he thought could help. He did. Not only is he staying in contact with me to continue helping to resolve the logistical issue of transporting fuel from Kuwait to Iraq but also, for purchases being shipped to deployed soldiers here in Iraq through AAFES, offered his products at COST. I know this might not sound like a big deal but here's a guy who has a business established paying the cost of special packaging and freight charges for hazmat shipping overseas and provides a quality product for rc hobbyists throught asia. He really doesn't need the business of a handfull of soldiers in Iraq to do well but hopefully gets it. By him offering fuel at cost to AAFES buyers here, they then need only add charges to cover the actual freight and handling and distibution throughout Iraq which will not only provide quality fuel for the soldier in need but also at a cost hopefully comparable to good deals found stateside.

I am still working this issue with AAFES, who for some reason is trying to deal with a supplier from texas, despite the fact that they had previously tried this same thing. But, the final cost to soldier, by the time it was available on the shelf, was too high. Even considering the risk of getting caught mailing to self, and was ultimately not purchased.

I hope anyone reading this appreciates what Byron fuels is trying to do for us here and if you are cosidering Byron as a fuel possibility that this information carries some weight in your decision.

P.S. don't post here to say how much better one fuel is over another because I don't care, I've looked at a lot and most quality fuels list their ingredients and content so you get what you order.

Awesome news!

Did you ever get that gallon I sent you?

Glad things are working out for you, I should have a buddy who can help you out at TF AVCRAD in Apr if you should need him.

my youth pastor might be going to iraq agine. were hoping not cause he is the first one we like

my youth pastor might be going to iraq agine. were hoping not cause he is the first one we like

Not to go off topic but...qaart, LEARN TO SPELL! I HAVE TO READ YOUR POSTS AT LEAST 10 TIMES BEFORE I GET WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.

sorry everybody.

This guy said he gets it sent there all the time with it labeled "Hobby Parts". He also has a sweet track!
http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=460837
Very sweet track, i can only hope that was a combined team effort and has been around a while and improved over time. I pm'd him in hopes of getting some tips on resourcing the remaining items I need for lane marking, and If I had night lights...I'd never get any sleep.:D

hey y'all new to the forum, am down here in balad, have a jammin x-2 crt and revo 3.3 platinum........need fuel.....anyone that is down here in balad have a couple of quarts they would be willing to sell me? tryin to work a few angles on getting more up here.....if we can get fuel onto base (ali al saleem) down in kuwait i might have a way to get us some up here this week......i just need to know if it can be brought onto base down there........

Hey guys, just found this forum...and thread. I'm in Tikrit right now and have been thinking of shipping my truck over. Wish I knew there were more over here before. I'm gona have my brother try to send some fuel this week and Ill let you know how it goes. If it works Ill put some on a bird to Kirkuk to ya! Are there any probs w/ sending the trucks over or do they go like anything else?

P.S. I was one of the 25th guys that was there for a few months before 2-1.

I don't know of any issue getting the trucks shipped over, we've had some shipped from home as well as many being ordered new in the last few months. The big issue has been fuel. I am still pushing the issue to get aafes to stock fuel. If everyone could email leo bitner, [email protected] and ask him who you should contact for what area you are in, we should be able to make enough noise to get more attention. Hundreds of rc nitro burners throughout iraq should claim a little more attention than one guy in kirkuk trying to speak for all of us. Help me push the issue.

In the mean time, i was recently informed of RC Planet shipping fuel 2 quarts at a time if you order parts in conjunction.

I still haven't received any of the fuel from the guys here in the forum that shipped it and haven't heard from them recently to know if it was caught in customs or returned. I'm hoping all is well and it's just held up. Hopefully they'll see this and pm an update on it. Maybe I need to double check the address I gave.

I know several people here using various methods of shipping fuel from putting in cleaned out juice containers to just shipping it straight and declaring as something else. Hopefully we'll have some resolution soon, if not we have a place for our replacements here to pick up the torch and keep running with it.

cptvkirk wish I would of seen this thread earlier. we just sent a bid there not that long ago. I will talk to our port dawgs here state side to see when we have another one going out. And see if they know any of them there. The only problem might be is it would be coming in on a AirFforce bird.

well, this is Kirkuk Air Base. I wouldn't imagine it being a problem getting here so long as someone is able to ensure it makes it's connecting flights..lol

This website is bout to piss me right off, I mean WTF? why dont we help? all who cares send some fuel, is that too much to ask? NO!... I mean I posted a thread bout a old Kyosho and nobody knows, who the hell is let on here? I need a site where ppl know poop, I mean there was a thread that said "how to install an e-clip" WTF???????????? where is a site where ppl have mooooved on from ToysRus??? I mean come on, WTF??? I thought this was a site where ppl knew more than me,,, guess not haha. Love yall who do know more than me tho!!!:D

I appreciate the motivational words but they are unecessary. In fact there have been several members here who have attempted to send fuel. I'm still trying to find out what the status is, but the attempt is made. There are also a handful of very knowledgeable members who are willing to and do help out quite a a lot. They may not answer every question but despite the redundancy this forum generates, they still take the time to point people in the right direction and help when they can and for me has been a very useful tool in developing my own techniques.

i agree with u cptvkirk... I'm just a beginner and am wanting to lear about them and we all have to start somewere! so just help eachother out and u will be helped! there is always someone who knos more than you and others! oh by the way good luck with this fule!!! hope u get it sent out to the troops!!!