One way bearings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ONMY6

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Still new here. And on mobile so i can't see the section discription...
So anyways my set up is a ofna hyper10sc nitro.
It started as pull start but after hours of attemptes and bloody knuckles i decided to hook up a drill too it... AND boom it starts up.... we ran it with the socket on the shaft. It never came off and it idled perfect imo. Will idle for a minute or so never really tried longer. We lightly drove around for the first tank btw
Anyways. Since i screwed up my pull start i could not throw it on.
So all i went back to the drill start and well my owb went. I tried looking them up but could not find a ofna .18 owb.
Is there ant compatible brand/ owb?

do you have any pics of the engine and what engine is in your ride? is the it
SG .18?

Last edited:
Yes it is sorry i didnt say
I called ofna and 30$ not including shipping
I figured it would be $15 and i would order like 3 or so

How would you do that?
I put the shaft in it and it would turn freely

you can soak it in gas or nitro i prefer gas myself tho just make sure you blow excess off

You need to get some nitro cleaner or i have even used brakeclean.
Then just soak the bearing in it for a couple hours then spray it off with the nitro cleaner real good. Make sure there is no grittyness and the bearing and that it spins freely. Then let it sit and dry and make sure that you put a couple drops of oil in the bearing before you reinstall it.

Ok soak in gas for say 5 hrs
Then some nitro degreaser?
Then blow excess off with like a can of air
Then some oil
Then re install

I usually just pull the shaft and wipe off the shaft and give the owb a shot of break clean and reinstall. I would not oil the owb as to much oil is what makes them slip. So if your running really Rich or use to much after run they start to slip. I used to use traxxas fuel and a few drops of after run had nothing but issues with it slipping. Stopped using after run oil and switched to a lower oil content fuel and have not had it slip since

that'll do if its still not working after that new owb is needed but normally all you need to do is clean it and it will again work fine

Run 20% no after run
I will clean and re assemble and lean it a bit
I'm working on getting a true back plate for a rotostart but as of now I'm just hooking a socket up

If you have it tuned right the pullstart should work with just a couple pulls. what is wrong with your pullstart because it can be fix with no parts alot of time.

If you have it tuned right the pullstart should work with just a couple pulls. what is wrong with your pullstart because it can be fix with no parts alot of time.

It was getting tight up top since it was a new engine a rc guy from another forum suggested starting with a drill til it would start easier

The only thing i will tell you about starting with a drill be sure you are level with the crank when trying to start bc if you dont it will mess up the mechanical seal in the backplate and the owb

The only thing i will tell you about starting with a drill be sure you are level with the crank when trying to start bc if you dont it will mess up the mechanical seal in the backplate and the owb

We ran it with the socket on threw it off balance probably

i wouldnt leave the socket on bc like u said threw it off balance. it most likely did but it may not have messed anything up but over time the light wobble at high rpm will ruin the bearings in the motor. Not to mention that gives dirt the chance to get into the bearing and thats never good

Ugh the wait is killing me!

put a pair of gloves on and use the pullstart. its not worth messing up your engine.

even rotostarting could mess it up.
I had a beat up revo i got used then sold it and got this... I must say the rotostart was a nice feature haha.
but if rotostarts will mess it up then gloves it is!

Ok soaked it in nitro for 3.5 hrs and dried it threw the bearing in then back plate then shaft and freely spins piston wont budge. Buh bye 30$
So far new truck
30 for new bearing
15 or so for back plate
And need a better igniter