One way bearings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you saying that now your owb is fine and you engine is seized now? if it is your engine did you try to take the glow plug out and then try to turn it over? if it turns over it is just flooded if not you got bigger problems. :whhooo:

---------- Post added at 8:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:50 PM ----------

did you put the bearing in the wrong way? maybe that is why it wont move.

No i put my owb in then backplate then put the shaft in. There is only one wsy to putthw owb in the pin goes onto the rod. Next the shaft spins freely in either direction almost as if the shaft is to small for the owb

thats not right the owb should only allow it to spin one way. your bearing may be messed up. does the inside of the bearing move when you spin it?

thats not right the owb should only allow it to spin one way. your bearing may be messed up. does the inside of the bearing move when you spin it?

Gimme 3 minutes i will go look

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Ok yehp wont spin out either.
Basically it looks like i put the shaft on a lathe and ripped a mm off. can't see the difference but the bearing is "too big" for the shaft

i am not sure but it sounds like the bearing may have seized and wore the shaft down. but i have never seen or heard of a owb doing that. i would just buy the bearing and the shaft and call it a day. but it sucks to spend money when you dont need to. i dont know maybe someone else knows what is going on. its weird!!

i am not sure but it sounds like the bearing may have seized and wore the shaft down. but i have never seen or heard of a owb doing that. i would just buy the bearing and the shaft and call it a day. but it sucks to spend money when you dont need to. i dont know maybe someone else knows what is going on. its weird!!

I could deff be explaining it wrong
Would a video maybe help?
But i will prob do thay

if the bearing is spining both ways you need the bearing. if it is not touching the shaft you may need a shaft. if your bearing is not locking up when you go one of the ways then the bearing is bad. it is kind of hard to tell exactly what is going on in the video.

Nope you answered it
Next quick question... roto start back plate and a new bearing for 52$ or a bump box?

never used a bump box so i dont really know. but you will like the roto start.

never used a bump box so i dont realy know. but you will like the roto start.

ok sweet. since this thread is answered I will go post the new question in a different section so i dont have to bother you as much haha. Thanks for sticking through it with me man! Really appreciate it !

what did i answer anyway what one or both was messed up?

the OWB is screwed up (seems to be)

good luck man i hope it all works out.