On board ignition system

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rolex, is this project anything like the Remote start Jato?

Forgot about seeing this a while back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, that's what it's like. The switch is the connection to the battery pack that powers the EZ start. Although this is good, it adds lots of weight to your car.

Although this is good, it adds lots of weight to your car.

Hmmm... this reminds me of his last comment on weight. :whhooo:

Just in case I ever see either of you, I'll be able to start it and run all 18 lbs of it into your ankles at 50MPH. Other than that....

BITE ME!

Last edited:
Okay, here's the info.
It will soon have a license plate that will flip in to allow the starter wand to engage the engine.
This is all that's on the outside:

SWoutside.jpg

This one is with the dust cap on the charging jack:
SwitchT1.jpg

This is without the cap:
SwitchT2.jpg

The toggle switch is 'center off', and it's been set up so the switch points to the feature it activates. If it's to the right, it's toward the charging jack, and if it's toward the left, it activates the push button and sends power to the glow plug.
SwitchT3.jpg

I flipped it over and labeled a wiring diagram.

Wiring.jpg

That's a pretty neat job you did there Rolex. You could maybe just do with boxing in or covering that wiring to prevent anything shorting all those wires. Apart from that it's a nice mod. Guess it save holding the the car in your teeth while poking it from one direction with the starter and the other with the glow sick. ;)

I have a lot to learn about Nitros and stuff it seems :\

The underside, where the wiring is, can't get damaged. It all sits between the rear bumper, the rear skid plate, and the additional plate for the wheelie bar.
Since I'm no longer concerned about weight, I might put some thought into a totally remote starter system since I have the extra 2" behind the engine after adding the extended TVPs.
It would definitely be a LiPo setup.

I was ust thinking that runnin it would maybe fill the back with water and mud and cause a short, but I guess you don't have too much mud on your shelves eh? ;) :p:

That wiring job looks awful. I can't believe you would put that crap on a Savage at all, much less your Savage. Once again, half ass work from Ralph

keep it up with the photoshop!

he stated it in 1st post

Rolex has put around 2 grand into building a shelf queen, and it's too nice to put fuel in. So we all give him hell about how he wont start it. It's his own fault. Personally I cringe at the thought of fuel going into that machine. But he keeps telling everyone things like "spring is finally here, I can't wait to break it in." And here it is almost winter again and it's yet to be broken in.

Ah yes, the scalding heat of the summer is winding down, and the cooler drier air of autumn is the perfect time for a break in.

*Breaks into Rolex's House and steals his shelf queens*

Sorry, you asked for that... perfect air for a break-in and all ;)

ok so i have to know! what all would i need to do to my tmaxx with the ez to convert it to remote start? would it be hard?

You would need everything you normally use to start it, and some sort of switch. The "best" way to do it in my mind is to use the leftover servo from the foreward only conversion most of us do. Then just use the controller and soldier it together. Then you have a switch operated starting method.

ok so i have to know! what all would i need to do to my tmaxx with the ez to convert it to remote start? would it be hard?

Romeo you would actually need the EZ starter from the first generations of the Maxxes. It's not a wand like the new ones are.
This is what they look like:
P1040572.gif

Pretty much you would have to mount a 7.2V battery onto your maxx, mount the stater with the wires hooked up and have a micro servo that will push the red button. Let me know and i'll throw in a Micro Servo and the starter with the rest of your stuff.

wow rolex great idea! awesome job on the install, looks wicked clean.