On and off switch on the remote?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume were talking about an electric car and not nitro? In order to do that, you would have to have a constant power supply to a receiver independent from the esc's battery. That receiver would then have to be hard wired to the esc's on/off circuit through a relay. I've never seen any equipment set up to operate that way so you'd likely have to build your own circuits to accomplish this.

Just curious but why would you want this feature? Sounds like an interesting project for sure.

Could I make it so I can turn on and off my rc car from the remote? If so how?
Whats up you can do it if really wanted to. But it will be some work and wiring. As @Mrgoodwrench35 said. You would need two recivers. One that controls the on/off switch. And the other to control the RC. Witch seems a little much. You have to plug in batteries. Why not just flip the switch.. you could change it to a push button on/off. But never thought about haven the rc turn on remotely. What's the thought behind this. Is there a reason why ypur thinking about this idea. Sounds good but also seems pointless IMO... that's just me though

Hobbywing Xerun XR10 Stock Spec [80A 2s] ESC has a 'Remote Off' provision that can be enabled. With it enabled, holding full brake for six seconds shuts off the ESC. There is no provision for Remote On.

Enabled it for use on my Rustler speed runner. Kinda handy not having to take the body of when shutting down after a run. Useful, but not really necessary. Curious to use it more than anything else. Have not seen that feature on any other of my ESC's.

Cheers. 'AC'

Hobbywing Xerun XR10 Stock Spec [80A 2s] ESC has a 'Remote Off' provision that can be enabled. With it enabled, holding full brake for six seconds shuts off the ESC. There is no provision for Remote On.

Enabled it for use on my Rustler speed runner. Kinda handy not having to take the body of when shutting down after a run. Useful, but not really necessary. Curious to use it more than anything else. Have not seen that feature on any other of my ESC's.

Cheers. 'AC'
Yeah but still got to unplug batteries. Unless you want them to drain to far. The esc will continue to draw power even if off. I've made the mistake. Never again hahaha
It's a cool idea if there was someone or something to take care of the lipos in and out and plug them in😉 haha

Yeah but still got to unplug batteries. Unless you want them to drain to far. The esc will continue to draw power even if off. I've made the mistake. Never again hahaha
It's a cool idea if there was someone or something to take care of the lipos in and out and plug them in😉 haha
The 'Remote Off' provision was only used during an active session. Of course the battery was unplugged at the end of a session. That is RC standard practice, and absolutely essential for any LiPo powered RC.

What Remote Off does offer is a convenient power off between runs. Not something I'd consider on all of my RC's. For this one application, it was satisfactory.

I assume were talking about an electric car and not nitro? In order to do that, you would have to have a constant power supply to a receiver independent from the esc's battery. That receiver would then have to be hard wired to the esc's on/off circuit through a relay. I've never seen any equipment set up to operate that way so you'd likely have to build your own circuits to accomplish this.

Just curious but why would you want this feature? Sounds like an interesting project for sure.
Thanks I just thought it would be interesting in case it starts fire it will turn off granted it’s not unplugged but yeah

Dont worry, if there's a fire, turning it off wouldn't help anyway 😁

Only thing helping it while on fire is a extinguisher.. depending how bad on fire it is.. might end uo whating it melt to the ground

Hobbywing Xerun XR10 Stock Spec [80A 2s] ESC has a 'Remote Off' provision that can be enabled.

For guys like me that have to have the car on a bench to take the body off, that is a very useful feature. I turn the car on while on the bench, throw it on the floor and drive it outside. But I have to carry it back into the house while on if I can't reach the on-off switch because I can't work on the RC on the ground. So I am often carrying one in, worried it may spontaneously try to take my arm off.

Back