Old Suncon RC: informations/spare parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonentity

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I just found this forum and hope that someone could give me a hand with this little thing. I'm looking for informations about the model of this RC monster truck itself, and where to buy spare parts (the rubber of the tires has suffered from its age and its all cracked on the inside).
I do not own the original box, nor its instructions manual. All the information that I got is that it was bought in Brazil around the year 2000, and that it was manufactured by Suncon (seems that they're only making electronic components nowadays).

Thanks in advance :)

IMG_20230220_104611.jpg

IMG_20230220_104624.jpg

IMG_20230220_104700.jpg

IMG_20230220_104540.jpg

Hi, I just found this forum and hope that someone could give me a hand with this little thing. I'm looking for informations about the model of this RC monster truck itself, and where to buy spare parts (the rubber of the tires has suffered from its age and its all cracked on the inside).
I do not own the original box, nor its instructions manual. All the information that I got is that it was bought in Brazil around the year 2000, and that it was manufactured by Suncon (seems that they're only making electronic components nowadays).

Thanks in advance :)

View attachment 160693

View attachment 160694

View attachment 160695

View attachment 160696
Welcoem to RCT!

Unfortunately that looks to be a toy grade RC which means there was probably never all replacement parts made for it even back in 2000

Welcoem to RCT!

Unfortunately that looks to be a toy grade RC which means there was probably never all replacement parts made for it even back in 2000
That's indeed a toy RC! Maybe I'll have to change the whole wheel set. 🤔

Yeah, anything you do will have to be adaptation for something else. Keep us posted and good luck :)

remove 1 of the front wheels let us see whats behind rim...

That's the type of truck a lot of the locals look for to be body donors because they were pretty disposable rcs.

I do like the look of that body. First Gen Tacoma vibe.

remove 1 of the front wheels let us see whats behind rim...
There it is.

@FJC_GUY, I've found some similar Suncon's RCs that use a similar bodykit under the "Tundra" name, but I couldn't find one that is exactly like this one. 😢

IMG_20230220_185305.jpg

IMG_20230220_185324.jpg

Do you have a pair of calipers so you can measure the hex? Also measure the height of the wheel and the tire both and post up those numbers too. Maybe someone can come up with a suggestion on where to start

Found the manual forgot all the "don't drive on carpet" warnings on the toy grade stuff. They really did some CYA in that manual.

Didn't realize that was a Radio Shack brand at the time.

https://fccid.io/document.php?id=99122
I surely had no clue that it was another brand. Based on the manual, found a YouTube video of it and someone mentioned a blue enforcer variation... There it is! Suncon only changed the name, they even kept the dragon art lol

@Greywolf74 be doing it tomorrow, but I only have rulers to measure it 👀
Hopefully I'll be able to find more stuff about this RC now that I know it's original name

Screenshot_2023-02-21-01-53-45-113_com.gold.android.youtube.jpg

Back