Old RC Projects ~ Starting soon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCPF

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I need some help people...
I picked up these two "wierd" RC's, a West Coast Choppers sedan...way cool, opening doors, hood, trunk..
PC050374.JPG
PC050376.JPG
PC050379.JPG

Then there's this 1/4 scale Escalade by Columbia Communications..???
PC050365.JPG
PC050368.JPG
PC050372.JPG

If you know anything about these "projects" let us all know, I'm going to start putting these two back in running condition and probably some cool mods...

Last edited:
Two rigs Id love to do scaler builds with.

Thank you.

This, from a post in that thread:

I was at a friend's this weekend and I went in his garage to get a coke. When I was out there I look up and there's what looks to be a maybe 1/6 scale rc escalade sitting on a shelf that he hasn't used in years. I immediately thought of this thread.
So it's apparently 1/6 scale, same as the Humm Vee. I'm still willing to bet it's by New Brite, even though I've never seen that model.

I just noticed the battery next to the Merc. How big is that car? What's the measurement from bumper to bumper?

PC050379.JPG

Last edited:
It's a 54 Chevy not a Merc. They were advertised as 1/6 scale. I remember seeing them at Wal-Mart years ago but never gave them any thought. You can get yourself one HERE.

Dammit Rolex! I knew I should of cleared my bench (7.2 6cell, not for the '54):p:..It is a '54 Chevy..it is 28" from bumper to bumper and 11.5" wide..electric motors on all four corners for "hydralics", complete H/L & T/L's.

FYI, the Escalade is 36" x 14"....Appears to also have H/L's & T/L's..NO signs of New Brite on either of these, being a RC nutcase I think these will be pretty kewl to display in the RCPF's garage, with WCC shutting down...well, I've got one! :)

Anymore info, please post us all...see any WCC RC parts let me know, too..

These things way a 1/2 ton a piece...I'll see where these builds wind up...CYA and thanks for all...well..advice???

I'll start lookin' at the reciever and radio set ups, looks like brushless motors would probably be an option as well....

I was gonna ask you for some pics with the lids off, but it looks like the bodies are way more than just lids.:)

I'll start lookin' at the reciever and radio set ups, looks like brushless motors would probably be an option as well....

Theres no way any stock drive train would hold up to any powerful setups. You would have to do a full custom chassis, axles, suspension and so on then do your electronics to make it work....in other words turn it into a full on scaler build from the ground up.

Theres no way any stock drive train would hold up to any powerful setups. You would have to do a full custom chassis, axles, suspension and so on then do your electronics to make it work....in other words turn it into a full on scaler build from the ground up.

Hmmm......there's a thought :D

That's what I had to do with the Humm Vee in the link I posted above. It now has about $800 in it and at least a hundred hours.

The two you have would have had New Brite labels on the license plates and it would have been stamped on the bottom of the chassis.

FYI, the Escalade is 36" x 14"....
WOW!!! That's MASSIVE! The Hum Bee is 24x12.

I don't think you should tear them down for scalers unless there are more available. If they are classics, you should leave them as they are.
I was wrong on the "Merc" because of the chopped roof look in the rear and the common practice of using the Chevy "Tooth" grill.
It's not shiny black, but I watched the build. It was made to drag the rear bumper on the ground to create sparks.

Last edited:
That's what I had to do with the Humm Vee in the link I posted above. It now has about $800 in it and at least a hundred hours.

The two you have would have had New Brite labels on the license plates and it would have been stamped on the bottom of the chassis.

WOW!!! That's MASSIVE! The Hum Bee is 24x12.

I don't think you should tear them down for scalers unless there are more available. If they are classics, you should leave them as they are.
I was wrong on the "Merc" because of the chopped roof look in the rear and the common practice of using the Chevy "Tooth" grill.
It's not shiny black, but I watched the build. It was made to drag the rear bumper on the ground to create sparks.

I totally agree, I'm gonna have fun with 'em, but I'm a "Classic" RC guy anyway, they are gonna be cool to be part of my collection...I was just thinkin' out load is all...:D

Like I said I don't see any signs of New Brite on 'em, I'll get a good look at 'em this week end..I already emailed WCC about the original radio but no reply, I read where Jesse James has already opened a shop in Texas under a different name and I can't find any RC information for Columbia Telecommunications...strange and unusual to say the least :ghost:

More pics will appear...:whhooo:

Back