Okay so i got a used serpant impact

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onza120

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Didnt cost me much and everything is working fine except the engine, Guy though it had a clutch problem, Turns out after digging around, its the carb, I have a OS MAX 10 Engine, I have took it out and disassembled the exhaust and the nitro inline to the carb, When the engine starts it does not stop revving, This is due to the fact the carb on my engine has no idle screw!!!!!

I dont know why this is but its driving me crazy, I have tryed to manually move the carb but it wont go past a certain point the point it goes to is too much and will be consistant revving, Even when the throttle arm is neutral the carb is fully open so something is screwed up.

Also the 2 screws that hold the carb to the engine are siezed, I have even tryed heat but all I'm doing is ruining the screws and if i keep going nothing will fit them and they will be threaded to bits.

Here is a video i took showing my problem.

Excuse the dirty fingernail i have been working on the car and engine so ya know :D

Here is some pics of my baby.

This is a vintage rc, I think its eather 1998 or 2002

0fks.jpg

Engine has been took out while I'm trying to get it working, Which i don't see happening.

q8ng.jpg

Need a new engine that will fit with those type of mounts, and one that has the exhaust on the proper side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Start by looking for the manual on line, if you don't have it. Check the exploded view of the carb and find out why it wont close. It wouldn't surprise me if there's an idle screw stopping it.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's an idle screw stopping it.

I'm going to agree with Rolex. But does it say anything else on the side of the crankcase? It will help us figure out which carb it has. I can't tell, when you get the engine close it gets too blurry. This may help you identify it further:

http://osengines.com/history/ostimeline20.html

Last edited:
It's a os max 10 fp engine, also there is no opening for a idle screw

Where about on the diagram are the knob?

My carb doesn't look like the one in the picture and has no throttle stop screw, Can anyone reccomend a engine that will fit my serpant?

I also have a wire for my throttle not a plastic cup that goes over a knob so i need a engine with a carb that supports that.

Looking top down at your carb, there is knob or screw. It's kind of hard to make out in your video. You have a rotary or a barrel carb. I think that what you are asking for is a slide carb, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking top down at your carb, there is knob or screw. It's kind of hard to make out in your video. You have a rotary or a barrel carb. I think that what you are asking for is a slide carb, correct?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyZT0uuvcWo

Its a rotary carb that i have, But as i said the problem is i can't adjust the gap size when the carb is neutral.

I see what looks to be the idle screw... 1st 1 second of the video, top left corner of the carb. Long slotted screw (should also hve a spring around it).

Looks like a OSMG2405 Carb #A1 10FP. The arrow points to where the idle screw should be.

11_zps9ad8b402.gif

Last edited:
I see what looks to be the idle screw... 1st 1 second of the video, top left corner of the carb. Long slotted screw (should also hve a spring around it).

Looks like a OSMG2405 Carb #A1 10FP. The arrow points to where the idle screw should be.

11_zps9ad8b402.gif

I have turned that screw many times and all the way till it wont move anymore, It does nothing, I'm pretty sure its the low end needle.

I'm pretty sure i just fixed it! i took the screw completely out and the carb now freely moves! will post back !

Last edited:
Okay i managed to sort out the carb idle gap, Engine is still making wheels spin at idle, i took clutch apart and spring is snapped completely, So i ordered a new clutch assembly with spring, Its for .12 to .18 I'm unsure what my engine is hopefully it fits, But i also have another problem, fuel is leaking when I'm priming and its due to the high speed needle, If i take needle out and put my finger over hole and prime it goes to the carb perfect, if i screw needle it and prime it leaks out of top of needle, I blew into needle and there is infact a leak within the needle, I can't find a replacement, if anyone has one then let me know its a os max 10 fp engine, Unsure on what carb though :(

Is there any type of material i can use to fill the gap on the top of the needle? like sealant for metal?