OK, now I really want a drag car - New Pinto Body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Looky
Pro-Line 1/10 Pinto Body
Looks like it is made to fit the Traxxas Bandit?

I can't believe Pro-Line actually created this, but I am glad they did. You don't see the Pinto often at the drag strips, but I have seen a few. A guy I know has one with a 351 Cleveland. He is a custom painter and fabricator, and his Pinto should be on the cover of every car mag there is. One of the coolest cars ever with a killer Grabber Green Boss Mustang paint scheme, complete with the Boss 351 lettering and stripes. The engine bay looks better than any I have ever seen. He has a street driven one as well he calls the 5.0 killer. A complete sleeper with about 500hp.

Nooooooooo! I hate Pintos! but Ima be tempted to buy it just so I can make it ugly af and then when I beat people in a race I can make fun of em for losing to a Pinto 🤣

Nooooooooo! I hate Pintos! but Ima be tempted to buy it just so I can make it ugly af and then when I beat people in a race I can make fun of em for losing to a Pinto 🤣
That is why people turned them into drag cars wasn't it? It is our Yugo lol 🤪

I remember a purple Gremlin that used to run around here. We were broke down in a Chevy Sprint (3 cyl). We heard this really loud whining noise coming towards us from beyond a hill in the highway. Then we saw this huge blower with a street scoop and big red butterflies cresting the hill with a Gremlin hot on its heels. It was a 426 Hemi stuffed into this tiny car. The rear end was tire, pumpkin, tire. No visible axle at all. He stopped to see if we needed help, and when he left we talked him into doing a burnout. It was awe inspiring!

Now that's cool.
Years ago I was a staff shooter for York Archery, "out of business now" and I went all over Idaho shooting tournaments. I had a Pinto station wagon that I actually loved and took it to all of the tournaments. I called it my Pintobago because the back seat laid down and I had an air mattress in it so I used it whenever I went.. :p

Now that's cool.
Years ago I was a staff shooter for York Archery, "out of business now" and I went all over Idaho shooting tournaments. I had a Pinto station wagon that I actually loved and took it to all of the tournaments. I called it my Pintobago because the back seat laid down and I had an air mattress in it so I used it whenever I went.. :p
Yeah, the wagons were cool. My mom had 2 of them. 1st car I ever drove.

I always thought they were so sporty feeling. I loved mine and my equipment was easy to store.

Shaggin Wagon
2020-01-02_21-05-14_484454.jpg
151302-48fe4bae95962da5f754005c93daaa82.jpg

ford-pinto-8.jpg

ford-pinto-5.jpg

Last edited:
Use to have a pinto ,they were fun to drive on winding roads ,they hung curves well ,enough to
peel the tires off the beads ,got stranded one time up in the mountains with two flat tires from
the tires breaking loose from the bead from cornering!..:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Use to have a pinto ,they were fun to drive on winding roads ,they hung curves well ,enough to
peel the tires off the beads ,got stranded one time up in the mountains with two flat tires from
the tires breaking loose from the bead from cornering!..:hehe::hehe::hehe:
Awesome. I only got to drive my mom's Pinto that one time. My friend and I boosted it while she was asleep and dad was at work. We went for a quick joyride around the neighborhood on a nearly flat tire. I had just got my learners permit and wanted to see if I could drive it. It took me a few tries to figure out the clutch. Kept thinking I was going to wake my mom starting the car back up 😝

Awesome. I only got to drive my mom's Pinto that one time. My friend and I boosted it while she was asleep and dad was at work. We went for a quick joyride around the neighborhood on a nearly flat tire. I had just got my learners permit and wanted to see if I could drive it. It took me a few tries to figure out the clutch. Kept thinking I was going to wake my mom starting the car back up 😝

LOL...that was my moms pinto ,damn bruh ,I use to do the same stuff!.. :hehe:

Our drive way was in a downward slant ,I would sneak the keys after she fell asleep ,an put
the car in neutral an let roll down to the street an start it an take off an cruise half the night
on the w-ends!..:hehe:

The only thing I don't like about this Pro-Line body is it is a tad too short. I am sure they did that to fit the available chassis, but it reminds me of the comical cars Tamiya put out.
PRO357200_A3_DJ4O3A18.jpg

Or maybe it's a tad too tall? 🤔

Wasn't the Pacer just a portable aquarium? ;)
Yes, Its a giant fishbowl. Ugliest damn car AMC ever made. They dubbed it the "Widebody Compact Car" even though there was no one pining for any such thing in the car market at the time 🤣 🤣 🤣

Back