Ofna ultra lx thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ll get a few cans! And thanks on the advise, but I can't not drive this thing no matter rain or shine! I can't site there while I have gas and charged batteries that would drive me insane!! Lol
Hi I'm smitty and I'm an addict:)

Anyways some pictures for you guys!
20131211_214720_zpsdrlkxzk6.jpg
20131211_214732_zpsccjhkkzf.jpg
20131211_213011_zpsqdq9eusk.jpg
20131211_213011_zpsqdq9eusk.jpg

Sorry if theres doubles photobucket is being dumb

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

20131211_213706_zpsa9uqugq8.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

20131211_214302_zps0cungvve.jpg

Lx1 lx2 buggy parts will work on that ofna. The following are the same.
A arms
Diffs
Diff case
Steering assembly
Uppet arms
C hubs
Shafts.
The only changes they made where
Shocks and towers
Servo tray and receiver box.
Engine and gas tank thats it.

Thanks jose your a life saver now I know whats usable if needed!
And pm sent I blieve waiting for a responce. I have the money and tires would be nice lol

Here is a few pictures of the fun I had with my half tank of gas!
(I'm actually USING the gas not WASTING it on junk crap!
20131212_125437_zpsamxr7hox.jpg
20131212_125455_zpsstjpn9h0.jpg

I'm having alot of fun:)
Temps are staying around 240-250 I check frequently!

Temps are staying around 240-250 I check frequently!
Most importantly, make sure you get a smoke trail out the pipe when you're on the gas, listen for sputtering or hesitation at full throttle and check your pinch test.

Idles good, no sputter hesitation nothing good blue trail when on throttle. Will go wot with no problems. Temps are around 240-250. Motor is always placed at bdc. Preheated to 200 before started starts first pull with a tiny bit of trim.

I should try the pinch test that never came to mind!!! I feel stupid lol. Will check in a bit

Servos are doing great with my water proofing.

What is the weather like (temperature wise) where you are?

18 degrees out right now
Srill runs perfect no issues at all.
Just a dead battery :(

---------- Post added at 3:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:22 PM ----------

18 degrees out right now
Srill runs perfect no issues at all.
Just a dead battery :( I want to richen it a touch just to make sure

Pinch test was a little long so its a little rich, good for colder weather.
Took a short little video of it running was hard to hold a 6.3 inch phone and drive at the same time lol. No major crashes or anyrhing, but tires are pretty bald from pavement lol

I've done alot of driving the last three days as you can see lol

---------- Post added at 4:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:31 PM ----------

Looks like fun. I'm jealous!!
We are expecting snow tomorrow afternoon.

I'm extremely happy. I had so many issues with my redcat and this I havent had a major issue yet!

I was new with the redcar but this thing is so much better:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wwnt to try and fill the shocks with motor oil till I get shock oil but I've never taken one apart. I feel like mine are soft, and there cranked to the bottom

I wouldn't. If you're going to do it, do it right. Don't hillbilly ham-fist something together if you don't have to. In this case, you don't. Just buy some shock oil and be done with it.

Sir yes sir! What are you recommendations sargent?!
I'm going for more stiff then soft but not too stiff. No sag.

That has nothing to do with oil. You want stiffer springs. The oil/piston combo determines how much how fast the oil moves through the piston in the shock. The higher weight the oil the thicker or more viscous it is.

Ohhh I see now, now I understand.
So do I have to get fitted spings for my buggy or are they interchangable?

Well was running it today and was running really hot, like 300 hot..
Bottom of glow plug is black, I reset my hsn and went a little farther then stock(3.75 turns) and changed the plug to a colder plug I believe. The one in it has a bigger coil and the one in it now has a smaller one thats not as bright ether. I think he sent a hot plug with it?? Idk
But I also did this while playing... :'(
I caught a rock just right on the rim and it snapped the r ire right off... and I liked this rims roo :(

---------- Post added at 3:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:16 PM ----------

20131213_151837_zps5intvzyi.jpg

Feels like it lost a tiny bit of pinch or compression:angry:
Its a tiny bit easier to turn the flywheel with my fingure then before. Not much bit a little bit:(:\:angry:
And I can't do anything until I get new tires, waiting to hear from Iforgothisname about the tires and total cost.
Meh:/

Last edited:
Just remember that when it's colder outside, the parts (both metal and plastic) become more brittle.

Thanks ham, totally overlooked that. Buggy was a littke sideways and caught a pot hole at edge of pavement and just popped it off.
An I right about too lean with the glow plug?

If you're doing donuts in the snow with balding tires that will spike your temps.
Reason being your running your engine at constant high RPMs.
If you're running 20% nitro in cold weather try a hot plug, not cold.

As I mentioned before, make sure you see a smoke trail above all else.
Temps are only a guideline but 300 is way too hot/ lean, especially in freezing temps.
You're lucky you didn't grenade your motor.

Back