OFNA Hyper ST Truggy Setup...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoraTehExploda

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
OFNA Hyper ST Truggy RTR - $469.99
OFNA Truggy Starter Starter Box - $99.99
RB Concept TM928 Off-Road Competition Truggy Rotostart Engine w/2045 Tuned Pipe - $419.99

Just curious what people thought of this particular setup. The reason its a RTR is simple, I'm new to all of this and a kit would overwhelm me and lead me to put it in my closet only to never bring it out again =P Thanks

The only thing I see is the RTR is not quite as tough as the PRO kit. I have a CRT X-1 Jammin and it is super tough. Takes a lot of abuse. I would for sure upgrade the braces to start and you should be good.....however I just looked..if your engine is roto-start why would you need the starter box? Just a question. Maybe save a little money too....a roto-tart and backplate is about $60 cheaper that the starter box.

From what the guy @ A Main Hobbies was telling me over the phone was that it required a starter box bc of the motor I was wanting to install. Of course the Pro Kit will be better than the RTR, but as a nub to this type of poop, how hard is it really? I mean, I dont think I am mechanically challenged, but I do get frustrated really easily, Id just hate to spend the 1300-1500 to just end up stashed away in my closet, b/c thats where it would go before I give it away on craigslist =P

Garrett

From what the guy @ A Main Hobbies was telling me over the phone was that it required a starter box bc of the motor I was wanting to install. Of course the Pro Kit will be better than the RTR, but as a nub to this type of poop, how hard is it really? I mean, I dont think I am mechanically challenged, but I do get frustrated really easily, Id just hate to spend the 1300-1500 to just end up stashed away in my closet, b/c thats where it would go before I give it away on craigslist =P

Garrett

Kits are simple. They also allow you insights into your vehicle for the future and when building there are a few things you can do to make it even stronger/more reliable such as simming the diffs, using lock-tie to prevent screws from backing out. And yes you will need a starter box for that engine.
Just curious what made you go with the RB?

After asking a few people from A Main Hobbys what was the best engine for that particular product, he happened to point me in that direction, so I am not quite sure, I can't give my personal opinion on it, I dont have it yet, but once I get everything next week Ill let everyone know =P Also, I'm going with the Pro kit =P

Are you going to race this Hyper or just be bashing?? If your going to race it IMHO...Take a look at a Jammin 21 Turbo or the Gotech 25 turbo. They are both very strong mills and very affordable. I think that most of the guys that run truggies will tell you that a strong 21 will get the job done and most high end 28's are overkill. JMO

Back