Ofna Force .25 Teardown/ no point to rebuild?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smittyzz

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I finally got the time after my bad crash today, to tear my force .25 down, its got more then expected threw it, layer of burnt gas on piston head and threw the crank port.
The big thing is one side of my piston has some unusual wear, 6mm x 5mm area where its worn into and different color. So I'm guessing it doesn't have the longest life left.
And I believe my front bearing is leaking as well.
So the question is, would it be better in the long run to just start fresh?

At the price of piston and sleeve kits and bearings, I would think you would be better to just replace to a better quality engine.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, just wanted a second opinion on it.
I cleaned the crap out of the whole motor, but the boot has a hole now lol
I'm gonna run her till she's dead!

Yea I've been looking at those, what are your thoughts on the tower hobbies .25? That's what I'm running in my buggy and I like it better then my ofna, mad low end, and she screams!
Right now I'm not looking to purchase. But i might be in the near future. It all depends on what comes in the mail for packages!
And I gotta drop some more into my truggy to fix her. She's good at jumping though:)

That Ofna that deuce recommended are really good engines. For that price it's hard to beat. If I hadn't just dropped $185.00 for my LRP.32 I would pick one up for a back up for my basher BB maxx rig.

what are your thoughts on the tower hobbies .25?

I would definitely go with the OFNA .28 between the two.

Settled, next engine with be an ofna .28!
When? No ideas but eventually Lol
Now bed time, gotta be up in less then 5 hours for work:(
Gonna get my ofna buggy out tomorrow and give her some lovin! :D

After cleaning it I ran it today, the lowing and pickup was ALOT better, but had to completely retune from stock settings, and was a tab bit of a turd to tune. Ran real hot at first, over 300 for the third time, but once tuned right she ran good, and stayed below 275!
This was with the body off and in less then 15 out as well.
And I might have stopped the leaking as well!