Ofna Buggy 8 and ofna lx2 nitro comparisons help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCreaper

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok guys the kast time I was in the nitro hobby I had the ofna violator and loved it. Well, I am getting back in it and that buggy is kinda history. I am looking for a buggy that is simular in speed. I have seen vids with the nitro ultra lx2 goinging around 50mph, but haven't seen anything on the ofna buggy 8. Has anyone had a buggy 8?

When I looked at hopups for both there is a lot of upgrades for the uktra lx2 but not much for the buggy 8.

Help please!

go truggy much more versatile these days

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

well that is unless your just set on a buggy

I am kinda set on a buggy. I just don't want a slow buggy that really can't be upgraded any.

Speed of any nitro buggy has more to do with gearing/engine than anything else. Not the model per say.

Want it faster? Up the tooth count on the cb. Engine too weak to pull the gearing, get a better engine...

Considering most 1/8 buggies are geared pretty similar, if you just pick up a newer model of something, you should be good to go.

I bought an old LX1, didn't realize how old until I already had it. 5 minutes on my bench and I realized I kind of wasted my money. Small axles, weak towers, weak bracing... should have just spent the money on a middle of the road OFNA RTR.

I bought an old LX1, didn't realize how old until I already had it. 5 minutes on my bench and I realized I kind of wasted my money. Small axles, weak towers, weak bracing... should have just spent the money on a middle of the road OFNA RTR.

I run an old LX One (customised) at the local track this weekend, running with a few Losi 8ight 3.0 and 2.0's that have been converted to E buggys. I can hang with them lap for lap and actually beat them about 25% of the time. If they ever figure out 6S is too much in a buggy and learn to fly, they will probably smoke me.:D

Yeah, on a track it would probably hold up... but for a basher like me, is a bit weak in areas. When I'm running a buggy... I like to send them flying!