Ofna 1/8 Buggies???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GruberRacing97

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello Everyone

I have all 1/10 scale stuff and decided to step up to a 1/8 scale buggy and also have decided it's gonna be a Ofna.I am very impressed to see all the abuse that these thing's take.Especialy when I seen Paulo780's Hang Time,That's what made my decision for me Thanks Paulo!!!!!!!!

So here is my Question,Since I'm new to the 1/8 stuff and want a Ofna and they have 7 differant ones that I'm looking at.Can someone tell me the differances between these and which is better for mainly bashing and some racing at the local track??? There is no classes for the 1/8 scale but I have use of the track any time to. And by the way they are all RTR from Tower which is what i'm looking for.

Ultra MBX Compition RTR
Ultra LX Comp RTR
Hyper 7 PCR RTR
Hyper 7 PBS RTR
Hyper 7 buggy RTR
9.5 MBX RTR

Thanks in advance
Stan

Last edited:
Here is the OFNA kit matrix

http://www.ofna.com/matrix.html

I hear the hyper 7 pro, pcr, or pbs are the best kits to go with (some have universals already installed) though it seems like all the ofna buggies are tough as nails on the track.

the reason there are so many is OFNA doesn't make any of them...they are a distributor for Hong Nor and Ho Bao......some people will argue the quality of one over another but they are really the same stuff.......the only one I know I wouldn't recommend is the Violator...it's based on teh 9.5 which is a nice RC but they redid the steering knuckles and they just screwed it up somewhere......I have a 9.5 pro and it's a nice RC.....I got an XB8 and just haven't touched the OFNA since......parts availabilty locally was the reason I got a different buggy...

Does any of them come with the ext chassis or is this an option?

i got the hyper 7 pcr and its is a tank. :tank: its built massive and tough as nails.. handles great, has plenty of adjustment, and could be raced with a few hopups.. imo the best buggy I've seen..

Thanks for the replies.Ok lets take the Hyper 7 for instance,what is the differance between the PCR and the PBS?

One other thing.Which would be a better motor?This may help me decide?

Force .21
Hyper .21
Force .26

Thanks
Stan

the pbs is pillow ball suspension.. that is the type of hub attachment.. like c hub or whatever.. the pcr is paul colman racing, which is a pbs with paul colman racing upgrades
dunno about the mills

Out os those three engines I would go for the hyper .21. That's a fast engine, asuming it's the 8p.

I have a hyper pbs; great buggy and the 21 8 port it came with was pretty good until I screwed it up. It lasted 4 gallons but I was dumb enough to run it lean and THEN leave it a top dead center when I shut off the car...

Anyway, the radio and servos with the PBS RTR are crappy; why not get a kit hyper and get the radio and engine seperately? You're going to end up getting a new radio anyway if u get the RTR

Its longer but not by very much at all if I remember right.

It's 4mm longer.

woah NELLY!!! 4mm.....it might not be able to make those sharp turns anymore :D

Plaidfish said:
the reason there are so many is OFNA doesn't make any of them...they are a distributor for Hong Nor and Ho Bao......some people will argue the quality of one over another but they are really the same stuff.......the only one I know I wouldn't recommend is the Violator...it's based on teh 9.5 which is a nice RC but they redid the steering knuckles and they just screwed it up somewhere......I have a 9.5 pro and it's a nice RC.....I got an XB8 and just haven't touched the OFNA since......parts availabilty locally was the reason I got a different buggy...

I have a 9.5, and the problem with the kunckles, is the knuckles!! whats why i upgraded to PBS, which i think, is the best!

Back