Official 4th Annual RCNT East Coast Bash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Team17 said he was a maybe but I'll go kick him again to reply in the thread for definite or not.

ImBroken said:
I was busy breakin my ass movin Joe's STUFF.... The guy needs an intervention..
I dont think I've ever seen so much NASCAR crap in my life... lol There were quarter panels and tires from real cars for christ sake... :)

ROTFLMFAO!!!!! Literally! I have tears in my eyes!

Thanks for the help TJ!!!

Anyway I'm in!

R/Cs: Hyper 7 PCR Pro, Savage SS, and maybe even the ol Maxx

Radio: JR XS 3 75mhz

WoodiE said:
I haven't heard anything from Trax70, but I'll be sure to keep everyone posted!

I think September 24th will be fine with them. They have an open race every Sunday until the end of October and our group is not going to be too many people. I am probably going to be there this Sunday and I will talk to the race director.

rossb said:
I think September 24th will be fine with them. They have an open race every Sunday until the end of October and our group is not going to be too many people. I am probably going to be there this Sunday and I will talk to the race director.

Thats a good idea Ross.
I called one of them, and they said "no problem", as long as there running.
Double check anyway.

I still have 2 days left to buy a complete transponder setup for a fraction of the price. So let me know if Traxx70 is out ASAP.

Ratzo, you think you can "borrow" a generator if we end up at Dirtrunners?

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry Rob. I think trax 70 is gonna be the place.
Thanks for the back up plan though. ;)

sure wish i could go.......too far though.........heres an idea though about racing at tracks that have no electricity........my race toolbox i built has a solar pannel that plugs into a jack which charges my 12v battery that powers my quickcharger........i can also plug a 110v transformer type charger in the same jack when electricity is available.........good luk with the races & have a blast......

speedticket75 said:
sure wish i could go.......too far though.........heres an idea though about racing at tracks that have no electricity........my race toolbox i built has a solar pannel that plugs into a jack which charges my 12v battery that powers my quickcharger........i can also plug a 110v transformer type charger in the same jack when electricity is available.........good luk with the races & have a blast......

Alright, you need to post some pictures of this! I gotta see this!

ClintD has been added to the list!

speedticket75 - I too would like to see this box!

-Michael

ill put some pictures on in a few minutes soon as my camra battery charges.........anyhow my toolbox is a wallyworld (wallmart) 2section roller kind that i modified........the bottom section i use to store extra tires/rims, a chair & the solar pannel when it aint being used.........the yellow bag thing in the front holds setup/race result sheets, manuals or other usefull papers........the swivel tray in the middle holds extra small parts i need for myself and some that other racers mite need........i cut a hole in the top section to mount the quickcharger & the jack is to the left of that in red where i plug in my solar pannel to keep my 12v battery charged what powers my quickcharger or i can use the electrical plug when there is electricity available.........a solar pannel like the one in the picture can be had for free........oil & gas companies use these for charging batteries on field cominications systems & just throw them away after 1 year on usage........

Last edited:
The reason I was asking about the generator was "if" we were to run at Dirtrunners I wanted to pick up an AMB timing system for cheap that I found on the web. (less than 1k...they usually go for 3.5-4k) If I were to do that we would need electricity to run it and my boombox/pa system. Using it for chargers didnt even come to mind. :p

Just to clear something up!
Trax 70 has electric, water, and an AMB lap couting system.
A soda machine inside the hobby shop.
You might want to pack a cooler with some food or you will have to go to the store and get it, or order it. I'm packing a lunch.
No generator needed.
Welcome to the party ClintD!

Last edited:
Monkey Wrench said:
Any consideration of having either shirts or hats made to commerate this event, maybe raise a little cash for the site as well?

I would definately be interested in a hat especially or a T but no way am I buying anything with Ratzos ugly mug on it! LOL. But I think its a great idea.

the pics ya ask for are in my post above.......this setup works well for me as one of the tracks we race at has no electricity unless i we wana waste time by walking to the front & to the end of the shopping center where the hobbyshop is.........several of the racers use my box to charge they batteries when they need it especially newbies that dont have what they need just yet........anyoue interested in the plans & material list can PM me or I'm me on yahoo messenger.........

Last edited:
NCNitro said:
I would definately be interested in a hat especially or a T but no way am I buying anything with Ratzos ugly mug on it! LOL. But I think its a great idea.

I can try to design something up and put it in our CafePress shop and you guys can order them whenever and have them for the Bash. But as far as me bringing shirts or hats with me won't be possible this year. I've still got to get my MGT running before Sept 24 (Picco motor, DX3 radio gear, traveling expenses, our last contest..came out of my pocket, plus the every day expenses, bills, rent crap like that.) It's going to be damn tight getting there, but I WILL be there!

-Michael

if you all get a concensus on about what you want on a shirt, & dont mind white shirts with black screen printing we may be able to hit a good price point...dpending on how mant are ordered

Just an update.
I posted on trax 70 message board and let them know that we were
coming with a group of about 15.
One of the head guys at the track said "great! see you track side".
So it's a go.

I can't wait. The guys their are a great bunch of guy's.
A good time will be had.

hey guyes i am one of the guyes from trax 70, thoes pics of the track you posted are old pics. thoes are the pics from last year. the track is completeley redesigned. it is more of a drivers track now. more complicated. hope fully i will be back from iraq in time to meet you all. i am supposed to leave here somewhere around the 15th of sept and stay a couple of days in germany. go to the trax sight and go to the home page and click on pics there should be some pics of the new design. www.trax70.com

Losi-runner-13, Welcome to the site, be safe in Iraq, and thanks for the pics.
I did know that the layout changed. I was one of the volunteers that helped change it.
I'm not trying to take credit (I only helped one day lol).
I hope you make it for the 24Th. :)

Here are some pics from last years ECB http://photobucket.com/albums/y168/s...ro Showdown/

Here is a pic of the new layout before the jumps were added.
This track is huge!

800x288webTrax70-06-track-l.jpg

Last edited:
Back