Odd steering response on Tamiya

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONLAWSON84

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Bought my son a Tamiya Blackfoot last year, it sat all summer and taking back out for another spin. After asking my son multiple times where he learned to drive, I take control and even bench tested what is going on.
When you steer back and forth, it is not consistent. I can turn the radio left right hold left. The car will go left right right and hold right and vice versa.
It is not always the 3rd repeated turn, but random. Would this be controller, receiver or steering servo? How do I diagnose it?

Bought my son a Tamiya Blackfoot last year, it sat all summer and taking back out for another spin. After asking my son multiple times where he learned to drive, I take control and even bench tested what is going on.
When you steer back and forth, it is not consistent. I can turn the radio left right hold left. The car will go left right right and hold right and vice versa.
It is not always the 3rd repeated turn, but random. Would this be controller, receiver or steering servo? How do I diagnose it?

Messing with it again, I can turn left right left, the car will hold left and I can then take the remote and steer back and forth and the wheels hold left until I go to center and let it rest there

sound like either the steering servo is going bad or something in the steering is bent .