odd engine sound today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swarmjt

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
truck was doing something odd today.. i got the truck out today to try and tune it do i can race next week.. i had a slight issue.. when i wouls put it WOT it would start hiccupping?? if i didnt just nail the throttle and smoothlygo to WOT it was fine but if i nailed it WOT it would would rev kinda like a you were just warmingthe truck up with short burst and bog down:\

does this make any sense or is there any other way i can describe what is happening

is there alot of blue smoke or any at all?

truck was doing something odd today.. i got the truck out today to try and tune it do i can race next week.. i had a slight issue.. when i wouls put it WOT it would start hiccupping?? if i didnt just nail the throttle and smoothlygo to WOT it was fine but if i nailed it WOT it would would rev kinda like a you were just warmingthe truck up with short burst and bog down:\

does this make any sense or is there any other way i can describe what is happening

Without additional info such as temps, etc it sounds like your HSN is a little too rich thus flooding your engine out if you "floor" the throttle.

i thought so to.. but the more i leaned it the worse it got??

i always make sure to have blue smoke.. a lot today but not m ore than usual.. this is only the 4th tank of fuel this engine has had.,.. temps ranged today from 215-245 and outside temp was 52 degrees (i always carry my temp gun and check a lot)

i always make sure to have blue smoke.. a lot today but not m ore than usual.. this is only the 4th tank of fuel this engine has had.,.. temps ranged today from 215-245 and outside temp was 52 degrees (i always carry my temp gun and check a lot)

Check for an airleak in your fuel system. Check the tank and all fuel lines. Air gaps in the fuel flow can make it hiccup. But man it sounds like a rich condition to me...

Last edited:
it eventually went away.. no air leak.. I'm cleaning it now and looked it over.. also.. when the fuel starts getting low (quarter of tank left) it likes to act like it is about to die in corners but picks back up?? doesn't bother me to bad and lets me now i need a pit stop soon but is there a fx??

it eventually went away.. no air leak.. I'm cleaning it now and looked it over.. also.. when the fuel starts getting low (quarter of tank left) it likes to act like it is about to die in corners but picks back up?? doesn't bother me to bad and lets me now i need a pit stop soon but is there a fx??

That sounds like a pressure problem as well. Check the exhaust nipple and make sure you are not loosing pressure there. Check the seal around the tank lid too.

When you said it eventually went away WHAT eventually went away???

the hiccuping

i kept leaning it and it got better

the hiccuping

i kept leaning it and it got better

Dude when I suggested leaning it out you said:

Now you are saying the hiccuping got better??? I am trying to help you here... You said it was hiccupping and you needed help!

yes it got better.. but I'm searching for why it did it and how to prevent it. I'm not a total newb to this but damn.. i dont know why leaning it fixed it??

last time it was tuned was the weather alot hotter?? and now you brought it out in wintere weather? there's your sign...