Number of Channels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPG.rc

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
What decides the number of channels ..... The Radio or the Receiver.??

Both. But some radios work with receivers with less channels than they come with.

Really.?? Geezum. How about the Futaba 3pv.?? The title says 3-channel but the receiver has 4.?? n the description t mentions 3-channel with trim and 4 channel with trim. Go figure.....

they might make a receiver with more channels but how would you control that extra channel? radio is main the rx is secondary.. flysky makes rx with way more channels than the radio has. most just power stay on items thru the non controllable channels

I don't think I've ever used a receiver with more channels than my xtmitter. I use receivers with less all the time though. I have a couple 2 channel, 3 channel and 5 channel receivers in my trucks running off my DX5C. I only ever use 2 though as even my nitro's don't have reverse, so no need for more.

I don't think I've ever used a receiver with more channels than my xtmitter. I use receivers with less all the time though. I have a couple 2 channel, 3 channel and 5 channel receivers in my trucks running off my DX5C. I only ever use 2 though as even my nitro's don't have reverse, so no need for more.
Do you use a fan on your ESC or Motor.?? Do you ever race with a transponder.?? l'm thinking a 4-channel would suit me best. Steering/Throttle/Fan and Transponder. l'm going to spring for a Futaba 3pv in the near future. The description of the radio s somewhat vague/confusing. Might give them a call.

Do you use a fan on your ESC or Motor.?? Do you ever race with a transponder.?? l'm thinking a 4-channel would suit me best. Steering/Throttle/Fan and Transponder. l'm going to spring for a Futaba 3pv in the near future. The description of the radio s somewhat vague/confusing. Might give them a call.
Nope, don't race.
Yes, have fans, run them off a splitter on my esc fan port, except for my MMX... for that, I have a splitter coming out of the receiver box, one for fans, one for the esc, then I can unplug/download/adjust the esc without opening the receiver box. I don't like running fans to a receiver because then I have to deal with receiver boxes whenever a fan dies, which can be kind of often. So in theory, the only time I HAVE to open the receiver box is when a servo dies.

The MMX currently in my maxx4s:
2022-0311-maxx-v2-4092-1650kv.jpg

The thicker red/white/black coming out of the receiver box goes to a compact futaba splitter. The esc plugs into one of the slots and a second 3 way splitter plugs into the second and is mounted back by the motor. I have 3 fans plugged into that.

The red JST plug is to a 3x1800uf cap pack (in yellow thermal tape). Actually does a decent job of helping with ripple voltage.

Back