Number 10 has arrived!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srusinek

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got my Ofna DM 1 Spec rtr car today and it's pretty sweet. It's a tad bit too cold to do the break in but when that weather breaks, I'm in. Heres a pic of the car in the box. When I ordered the car on tower it said that the radio was am and instead they sent me an updated car with the 2.4 system by HongNor. So since my Futaba 2PL fm is in 3 other models, I ordered a crystal and receiver for this application. The HongNor is 2.4 and also has a failsafe built in. So my question is which one would you guys use? I like the fm radio due to the features and digital screen but this one has all of that but no screen. I have to say that for a rtr radio, It's not that bad and by the looks of it, it's probably made by Futaba.

Last edited:
Thanks. It's one of the few rides I do not have yet class wise and it came with a bonus: One pissed off wife:D LOL.

When I do get it dirty, you'll be the first one I notify.

Make sure you get up close and personal with pics of the dirt and grime just for Rolex. lol

We'll Have To See

So today I had sometime between jobs so I went home and did a short take of my new ride. Come to find out they gave me 1 pre glued tire in the wrong direction. So I emailed ofna and due to the weekend, they'll probably get back to me on monday. What can I do in the meantime about the mis mounted tire? I've heard of acetone by I've never used it. I guess we will have to see how ofnas customer service is.

Ofna got back to me today and they really took care of me. I was missing some set screws for the suspension and they're sending me a pair of tires and wheels unmounted and unglued. So far the customer support has been very good. I would definitly buy another Ofna due to the service I got today. On another note, the body somehow got damaged and I kinda hacked it so I'll be looking for another body in the future but it was a learning tool since I have not done a body in over 8 years. LOL

servos???

Prior to buying my dm 1 spec the listing on towerhobbies says it included a high torque steering servo but both servos are 6006's and from my research, they don't seem like high torque quality. I tried looking online but could not find much info on these hong nor servos. Are they junk or are they worth hanging onto?

Back