Nt-16 cen gx1 help needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukeyp87

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a cen gx1 car! I cannot start the engine I have tried everything to get it going but still no luck, I feel like I am missing something obvious but need expert help! I have stripped the whole engine and all seems good, glow plug works and glow starter is charged engine is primed although there are air bubbles in line (checked line no holes) running 20% nitro in it, good compression! Please anyone help would be so appreciated!

guess a few things to clarify first,
carb settings, what are they? factory?
the engine is turning over? (flywheel spinning)
pressure line and fuel line hooked up and hooked up to the correct points on the tank?
while priming, you are getting the fuel to the carb and pulling over 1-2 more times after to get fuel into the crankcase?
does it seem like you need to pull it over alot to get fuel to flow through the line to the engine?
you are sure the piston and sleeve went back in the correct orientation?
are you holding the throttle open about 1/4-1/2 way while starting? (not really necessary, but makes it alot easier)

one thing to try is to put a few drops of fuel into the glow plug hole, re-install glow plug and try firing it up. if it runs but shortly thereafter dies, your issue is in fuel delivery, carb, or fuel supply line.

guess a few things to clarify first,
carb settings, what are they? factory?
the engine is turning over? (flywheel spinning)
pressure line and fuel line hooked up and hooked up to the correct points on the tank?
while priming, you are getting the fuel to the carb and pulling over 1-2 more times after to get fuel into the crankcase?
does it seem like you need to pull it over alot to get fuel to flow through the line to the engine?
you are sure the piston and sleeve went back in the correct orientation?
are you holding the throttle open about 1/4-1/2 way while starting? (not really necessary, but makes it alot easier)

one thing to try is to put a few drops of fuel into the glow plug hole, re-install glow plug and try firing it up. if it runs but shortly thereafter dies, your issue is in fuel delivery, carb, or fuel supply line.
Appreciate the reply it is set to factory (carb settings) after I have primed and try to start it doesn't seem to pull fuel through, it had new fuel lines and o ring on tank so shouldn't be an air leak, tried the tank on another car and starts up fine! Running out of ideas and driving me crazy! Piston sleeve and piston went in as they came out! Engine has good compression!

Appreciate the reply it is set to factory (carb settings) after I have primed and try to start it doesn't seem to pull fuel through, it had new fuel lines and o ring on tank so shouldn't be an air leak, tried the tank on another car and starts up fine! Running out of ideas and driving me crazy! Piston sleeve and piston went in as they came out! Engine has good compression!
Ok, next time you can, attempt to pour a few drops of fuel into the glow plug hole, see if that fires.
How exactly are you priming? Pulling it over plugging the exhaust? Or blowing into the exhaust pressure line?

pull start? or roto start?

Ok, next time you can, attempt to pour a few drops of fuel into the glow plug hole, see if that fires.
How exactly are you priming? Pulling it over plugging the exhaust? Or blowing into the exhaust pressure line?

pull start? or roto start?
I will give that a go! There is a primer pump on the fuel tank to push fuel through! And it is a pull start!

Back