novarossi 2.5 evaluation and thoughts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi everybody i thought i would share my experience with the 2.5 nova that current reside in my slayer pro.from the start i was a bit hesitent to buy this engine as everywher i had read nobody seens to of heard of it nor used one but when the time came for an engine for my slayer,which i had built from scratch coz aint nobady sell the here i started to look at the nova long and hard and finally got the coin to drop on it i ended up paying $148 shipped to oz due to my discounts at amain
3 weeks later i was greeted with a little packed at my door and upon opening it i was very impressed with the overall quality of the product which i also though was great value as it came with a pipe and manifold.install was a breeze and for gearing i deceided to stay with the stok slayer 15/38 gears and used the standard 2 stage airfilter.
break in was a little bit painful as i didnt have a proper roto starter gun and had to rely and old faithful makita but i made a big boo boo and on the second tank hydroliced the engine which in turn broke a gear in the rotostart assembly but after a couple of emails from amain they sorted me out with a new one free of charge which was great.
another 3 weeks later i finally got the replacement rotostart and today was the day to finish off breaking her in and burn some nitro.after a 5 tank break in ,btw if you read the instructions they say just to lightly throttle it around for 30 min,i've gotta say for a little engine shes got some balls its able to throw the slayer around at will and is fantasic on fuel but the only downside which isnt really the engines fault is that pesky revo left hand lean issue which i will work on soon but other than that it rips.
so if anyone is looking at something a little different to power a t maxx,revo or slayer choose a nova ,you wont be dissapointed:)
i almost forgot you get a rotostart shaft to start the engine included which i thought was cool and deff ands to the value factor

ID LOVE TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD DO HEAD TO HEAD AGAINST THEVoS 18tz in a Jato. I live Novas.

I hope it will go faster, because it has more horse power and rpm then the traxxas 3.3 and a bit more then the os.18tz

One of these days I'm gonna buy a Rossi at some point just cuz I've never owned one :)

I almost want to do another build and drop another one of these engines in ,think s maxx 2speed setup for road duty.....maybe in the new year lol