Not sure what to do with this truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJC_GUY

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Long story short a co-worker was moving and cleaning out some stuff. He asked if I wanted this and I said I would give it a home. It needs some major cleanup, the remote is in a bag with batteries still in it, haven't decided if I want to clean it up for a display piece or toss it. EDIT: Toss the TX not the truck lol.

The air filter disintegrated into the carb, it's a mess. He doesn't remember much about the truck it's been in storage so long and I don't know much about that vintage and wanted to bring it to the experts.

I don't really have any interest in running nitro right now so I may just clean up the truck and remote and hang them both on the wall.

PXL_20230105_050307279.jpg
PXL_20230105_050418703.jpg
PXL_20230105_050439763.jpg
PXL_20230105_050429180.jpg
PXL_20230105_050351998.jpg

Yeah, shelf queen it at least short term until you decide on a plan. Looks like she'll clean up for the prom o.k.

Heck, the P-L Dirt Hawg RR tires are classics unto themselves. Great tire. 'AC'

Man when i see nitro's in this state or worse i can only feel eager and the need to clean it and make it shine again!
just plan a whole day (just in case) and nobody bothering me..
good stuff!

Man when i see nitro's in this state or worse i can only feel eager and the need to clean it and make it shine again!
just plan a whole day (just in case) and nobody bothering me..
good stuff!
Dang near therapeutic. Turn on your favorite tv show in the background and just spend the day tearing it down, cleaning, and rebuilding with new hardware. Then you realize you’re missing a piece lol

Dang near therapeutic. Turn on your favorite tv show in the background and just spend the day tearing it down, cleaning, and rebuilding with new hardware. Then you realize you’re missing a piece lol
haha in search of the missing piece, although i would still finish the build or at least put it together in a way no pieces go missing while await for arrival via postage of the missing piece :)

haha in search of the missing piece, although i would still finish the build or at least put it together in a way no pieces go missing while await for arrival via postage of the missing piece :)
Ha, been there, done that, bought the t-shirt!

Omg you wont believe it but that nitro hawk came from me
Maximum? Is that you?
Yes. I can't log in on my original account, PMd admin but probably lost that one.

OP Also if you'll notice, it has upgraded axles i cut to length a set of VXL slash HD shafts to fit it. I also put the stinger exhuast kit and rpm talonz (iirc) wheels. Small world

Last edited:
Omg you wont believe it but that nitro hawk came from me

Yes. I can't log in on my original account, PMd admin but probably lost that one.

OP Also if you'll notice, it has upgraded axles i cut to length a set of VXL slash HD shafts to fit it. I also put the stinger exhuast kit and rpm talonz (iirc) wheels. Small world
Man, have been wondering what happened to you. Welcome back!

Back