Nor*Cal Bash II (10-18-08)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here is some vids...

LST with 4 Wheel steer just for fun haha..

Heartbreak doing some backflips with the savage, Smokedogg with his truggy along with a 8ight and a revo 3.3

Smokedogg's slayer and a 8ight

And me doing some backflips with my savage along with smokedogg's truggy. I stripped a spur at the end...

Smokedogg's Jammin truggy we call him the balloon expert... Till he breaks something...

Smokedogg's Slayer and Heartbreak with the MBX5

Last edited by a moderator:
lol well here is my damage list...

Savage X

Stripped rear diff
Stripped spur
blown shock
torn up brake disks
finished off the x body
broke 2 bumper screws

E-Savage
NOTHING! :D

RC10GT
Figured out someone never put a exhuast gasket in it.. could be the dying problem lol.

It was awesome. Not to mention the food. It's even better in person.

The vid where my savage coasted to a stop, I think that was where the engine broke. I can't really complain too much. Considering it was geared 17/52, it moved pretty decently with the 3 speed.

My damage tally;

B3; servo horn ($1.25 on ebay)
Savage; crankshaft busted, full of metal shavings
Mugen; nothing - that thing is a tank.

wasn't a stripped diff just a blown bearing :D Fast eddy here I come lol.

Man, that was a blast of a day, Smokedogg. Thanks for hosting another awesome bash.

On the positive side, I did find out that I need a new motor for the savage; crankshaft is busted in half! Looks like I got that excuse to purchase a better engine.

Other carnage includes a broken servo horn on the B3... and that's pretty much it.

Sorry and Glad to hear about the motor. Cool you get to upgrade sorry you gots to spend the money.

Hooray on the rest!

I only lost the shock on the Baja so not bad day on my end.

Track was demolished today. Finishing up the landscaping so I will have a better track setup for us next time. In what 2 weeks I guess?

It was awesome. Not to mention the food. It's even better in person.

Glad you guys had a good time.

Post some pics of your blown motor.

wasn't a stripped diff just a blown bearing :D Fast eddy here I come lol.

Sweet Bro!

Thanks for posting the pics and vids. After watching the vids it's a wonder we never run over each other. Well except for your foot. Who Knew?

HaHa ya its cool. There was a couple close calls though!

I couldn't get the sleeve out of the motor without violating the warranty... I sent it off today, so I'll have a new motor just in time for the bash. Gotta love HPI's 2 year warranty on materials.

Granted, it's another F4.1, but it'll do until the rainy season. Now I just need to get some more fuel to break 'er in.

I couldn't get the sleeve out of the motor without violating the warranty... I sent it off today, so I'll have a new motor just in time for the bash. Gotta love HPI's 2 year warranty on materials.

Granted, it's another F4.1, but it'll do until the rainy season. Now I just need to get some more fuel to break 'er in.

you can have that half a jug of blue thunder if you want it.

As much as I hate the stuff, lol, I'll take it; it'll do just fine for break-in, and then a couple "easy" tanks with trinity ought to do.

lol it ran I was whoopin on smokedoggs slash with it :) so what if I have one more motor than him right? lol.

Well you wanted me to stay in reverse for some reason. /shrug

There is a rumor of some brushless motor in my tool box with the name slash on the side. I have no idea what that is about though. :hehe:

Well you wanted me to stay in reverse for some reason. /shrug

There is a rumor of some brushless motor in my tool box with the name slash on the side. I have no idea what that is about though. :hehe:

lol ya ya ya. Did I mention I hate you? lol jk bud.

I'd love to see that slash with a brushless in it. Prolly would be as squirrely as all get out.