noobie question. hpi rs4 3 or associated tc3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RudeDog55

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi, i'm looking for opinions on which car is easier for a newbie such as myself? i see alot of tc3 information but not much on the hpi rs4-3. do those cars have problems or are they just not as fast or easily maintainable as the associated? how hard is it to be competitive with either car? i used to race electric r/c a buncha years back and am looking to get re-involved w/nitro cars. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I really couldn't tell you much about the RS4. The NTC3 is a great basher that is just as good at the track.

I just recently started using my NTC3 for racing. All I did was change the chassis (optional) to a lightened racing chassis; dropped in a racing engine and regeared it for a semi technical track (20/26 pinion & 54/48 spur).

Even if you keep it with the stock engine (if you get the RTR) it's still a great car to learn and grow with. Once you start getting more experience and want to go racing, you can drop in your ROAR legal .12 engine (turbo's are ok now and no more than a 3 port). Make sure your pipe is legal as well. I don't know the exact specs but when purchasing a pipe for racing make sure it says roar legal.

THANX DIVER (oops caps), after more research i think i'm going with the Ntc3. if the quality is anywhere as good as my rc10l was 15 years ago i dont think i'll be dissapointed. by the way what makes a good basher vs. a good racer. thanx rudedog

My brother still has his RC10L Pan car. Just got it running again with new motor and battery packs.

Ok, the reason I said the NTC3 was a good basher was because of the driveshaft. When bashing around the park or asphalt lot, we can't control the pebbles or debris. They would make quickwork on a belt driven car.

The fact there there is a lot of hopups as well as parts available makes it easier to turn into a racer. It takes high powered .12's very well. The drive train is built like a tank and most of all, it's an easy car to learn.

I used my NTC3 as a parkinglot basher for almost a year before I got bitten by the racing bug. Since then, I have added a racing engine, lightened/stiffer chassis, changed to foams and set her up on a HUDY board so I can get the settings the way I need them on the track. EVEN if you do none of this and just decided to stick foams on it, you're ready to race. Doesn't take a very powerful car to win on most tracks unless it's a track made for speed with long straights (very rare). The winner of most races is the one who can control his car the best.

If you are going to bash the RS4 Evo is a stonger car than the TC3
Now if you are going to race go with the TC3 Plus

i have a t-maxx and savage ,just bought ntc3 rtr plus hella fast just found it hard to control

atye said:
i have a t-maxx and savage ,just bought ntc3 rtr plus hella fast just found it hard to control

How is it hard to control? I have had a few NTC3's and they all were excellent in handling so long as you know what to tune. Luckily I was recommeded by Nitroaddict to get the XXX_main Touring car set up guide. That really helps A LOT!!!

The RS4 3 rtr was a great ride but I didn't have the patience to try an dump money into a car that I place that Exact same mill in my NTC3 and still get wooped by another RS4 3 rtr. I played with gearing and other mods but still failed to really get a speed demon.

The Bashing works for either one. I loved em both for their durability as opposed to a belt driven ride

Just know bashing brings on Damage depending on your driving style and habits.

Jon

I posted here a while ago about on-road, and was wondering whether or not these things will grip the road well with rubber tires, because my friend's yokomo was fun, but it got no grip, (blah blah I know it's a crap car, but) So, can I run these onroad with rubber tires, and still be able to handle? I know these things go through foam tires like a hot knife through butter, but do I need foams to get any kind of grip?

I have won alota races,and have never owned a set of foams. Alota grip is best achieved through suspension set-up. There is alota good info out there,you could try a search for tuning touring car suspension.

So, as long as the rubber's hittin the road, it should grip well right? Good, looks like I'm gettin a ntc3.

So, as long as the rubber's hittin the road, it should grip well right? Good, looks like I'm gettin a ntc3.

Back