Noob with a Quick Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Ok so i purchased all of what you recommended. I have a bunch of parts as well but not sure of quality and how hard they have been used.
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. I have never been treated this way on a forum before lol. Thanks Olds97_lss!!!!

Get it going yet?
Hey! Almost there. I'm slow and tedious. Redid the shocks yesterday. 2 had lovely amounts of oil in it. My son wanted to paint the springs so they are now Olive Drab. Got the flywheel and clutch assembly on new motor. Today attempting mounting motor. If that goes fine, then I'm hoping I have all the rest of the parts I need in the box! I'll throw a pic up when I get motor mounted! Thanks for asking!

This is with motor mounted and the battery/servo frame installed. Missing parts. Metal frame mounts that get screwed into. Many things Jerry rigged from whoever I got it from. Fixing everything correctly. Probably going to have to order some more parts before she's ready for break in. Might just upgrade servos. Not sure about ones been sitting in a box for awhile. Any suggestions on servos? Right now I'm working on the throttle linkage, it's being a pain...

I'm partial to a servo that doesn't exist anymore for t/b and steering for that matter, hitec 985MG. They sell a similar one now that's digital, the HS-7985MG. Same specs as the old one, but I'm guessing it's holding power is better since it's digital, they have a much higher clock rate than analog, so they fight harder to stay where you point them.

For a decent budget servo, the savox 0231MG isn't bad, or spend about the same as the hitec and get a high torque savox like the SW120-SG. That has near the same speed as the hitec, but 100oz more torque. You need to get a glitch buster cap to go with either savox as they are power hogs. The cap plugs into an open port on the receiver, or into a Y cable on the receiver to supply instant current to help avoid a brown out when the servo first moves. I'd suggest you only run any of the 3 servos with a proper hump pack or lipo receiver pack. Standard AA's just can't deliver the current needed.

I'm only suggesting waterproof/water resistant servos. I don't buy anything else anymore. Not worth the hassle with how I wash my rigs or where I drive them. Waterproof is a must.

The best servo for me is an etronix sport servo! Nice and responsive

Hey guys Thanks for servo info. I am having problems locating the piece that the steering servo mounts to. There as been alot more pieces missing in the box then i thought originally. I am gonna make another order here in a day or so for new steering servo and a few other little pieces. I am kinda having to look at pictures of other rigs and figure out the way its put together. Seriously some of the stuff these guys did makes no sense. Chewing gum and bailing wire. I am stripping and replacing as i go.

Omg finally! New motor installed. Took me 2 weeks to find servo mounts. Steering servo mounts sideways I just had a hold there. Once I got them they were not right. Luckily was looking at one of our electric cars and found something I made work! All servos r working. Tomorrow my son and I break in the motor! Thank you again for all the help!
20180325_174453.jpg
20180325_174445.jpg

Back