nitro to petrol conversion ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig911

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi all

ok I'm thinking of converting my ansmann kryptonite to petrol/gas by installing a 2 stroke engine probably a 25-30cc or could i go smaller if i found a small enough 1HP engine something like 15cc,

also how would my off-road ability be affected if i ran in a front wheel drive configuration for a easier conversion to petrol ?

i may be able to keep the AWD or use RWD if i find a small enough engine

at this moment in time I'm just thinking of doing it.

so my main questions

1 - how would my off-road ability be affected by only having FWD

2 - what size engine would i need to move my 1/8 truggy ?

I can't help too much with the engine conversion, and don't know what you may have already researched, but I have seen that HPI is coming out with 1/8th scale gas engines sometime this year. As far as FWD I personally believe that you would have problems if you ever do anything more than just a dirt path for offroading. As soon as you hit a nasty spot the front wheels would just spin.

1 - FWD and off-road don't work well at all. I've tried it when my Savage blows out the rear diff.

2 - 25-30cc will not fit on an 1/8 scale vehicle. I haven't seen anything small enough that's cheap and readily available. Still waiting to see mare on the HPI mentioned above.

This would be a pretty interesting conversion. As for using an engine meant for a plane I would wonder how it would handle the torque needed in an off road vehicle. I am sure the engine was designed with RPM's in mind rather than Torque on the main shaft. Maybe you could resolve that issue with transmission gearing.

1 - FWD and off-road don't work well at all. I've tried it when my Savage blows out the rear diff.

2 - 25-30cc will not fit on an 1/8 scale vehicle. I haven't seen anything small enough that's cheap and readily available. Still waiting to see mare on the HPI mentioned above.

Here is a link to about the hpi gasoline engine, if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/nurnberg/

Has there been a release date set from hpi for th1/8th petrol engine

Me to (hurry up hpi)

ok well my nitro engine is fixed now so i will wait for HPI and see how much there new engine will be

Back