Nitro Rc starts then it revs up on its own

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inline4

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Kyosho FW06 and whenever I start it the engine idles for like 5 seconds before it starts to rev itself up and taking off when I apply breaks nothing happens the carb is normal idk what it is. The same thing is happening on a Revo 3.3 of mine can someone help
Me figure out what’s wrong with them

Are you using the same radio with them? Maybe it can be the radio. or some setting in the radio
Or the throttle servo.
Not a nitro guy so idk, just using what I know.

Are you using the same radio with them? Maybe it can be the radio. or some setting in the radio
Or the throttle servo.
Not a nitro guy so idk, just using what I know.
Yeah it’s the same radio the carb isn’t moving at all when it’s revving up high on its own so idk what it is thanks for trying

Do you have rotational carbs (not slide carbs)? Some of them hold the servo arm with friction, maybe check that screw. I had this when I was revving a engine on my own, don't get the physics but it somehow opens the throttle by sucking the air and vibrating. Hope this was it but if not, it could be worse like leaks from somewhere. Maybe take a look at the carb O-rings? Have you noticed any fuel around the engine after running?

Do you have rotational carbs (not slide carbs)? Some of them hold the servo arm with friction, maybe check that screw. I had this when I was revving an engine on my own, don't get the physics but it somehow opens the throttle by sucking the air and vibrating. Hope this was it but if not, it could be worse like leaks from somewhere. Maybe take a look at the carb O-rings? Have you noticed any fuel around the engine after running?
On my fw06 I have noticed some oil around the header but the 3.3 nothing they are both slide carbs.

Have you taken off the air filter and checked the carb gap with the power applied (but not running). I had an issue where I incorrectly put my servo horn back on. With the power off, I had the proper gap but when I turned it on it was opened approx 50% or more. I just readjusted the servo horn with the servo powered and it resolved my issue.

I think your carb settings may be too lean. One of my trucks did the same thing the last time I ran it. I richened it up a little and that took care of it. Re-set your carbs to factory and start over. For the Revo that’s 4 turns out on the High Speed and the Low Speed should be flush with the collar.