Nitro RC Clutch Slipping

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure that the clutch springs arent protruding pass the shoes groove an making contact on the clutch bell ,
sense you have it apart ,take the inside of the bell an rub it with sandpaper ,also ,make sure that the flywheel is very tight
an not slipping!
Also while it is apart ,maybe it is a good idea to simply replace the shoes & spring or springs if there is more than 2 shoes!...:thumbs-up:
Yeah ill check that out today evening. I think my flywheel might have been loose too. Could that have been the problem? Also is it alright to submerge the springs and shoes in hot water and then dry them off?

Yeah ill check that out today evening. I think my flywheel might have been loose too. Could that have been the problem? Also is it alright to submerge the springs and shoes in hot water and then dry them off?

It is alright to use water on the parts as long s you dry them off!

A loose flywheel will wreak havoc an cause everything to slip ,the flywheel is pressed on a corn or a collet an when tightened ,
it squeezes on the crankshaft ,if it slips an wont tight no more ,then the collet & flywheel may need to be replaced if it was ran
like that ,but try to tighten it up first!

You can use a pair of channel locks on the flywheel an a deep socket on the nut to tighten it!...:thumbs-up:

A loose flywheel will wreak havoc an cause everything to slip ,the flywheel is pressed on a corn or a collet an when tightened ,
it squeezes on the crankshaft ,if it slips an wont tight no more ,then the collet & flywheel may need to be replaced if it was ran

You can use a pair of channel locks on the flywheel an a deep socket on the nut to tighten it!...:thumbs-up:
Alright, thanks! Its only been run half a gallon in almost a year so I doubt its caused any major damage. I will tighten it up and see today evening. Thanks so much for the help!

Also here are some images I went down and took:
Everything looks pretty normal to me, the clutch bell was rly dusty though as i touched it on the inside and my finger was covered with black soot or something

Attachments

• IMG_20201001_125917554.jpg
    IMG_20201001_125917554.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20201001_125910464.jpg
    IMG_20201001_125910464.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 73
Also here are some images I went down and took:
Everything looks pretty normal to me, the clutch bell was rly dusty though as i touched it on the inside and my finger was covered with black soot or something
It looks like your flywheel is not centered.

I would replace the shoes ,to me ,they are getting worn too close to the spring ,also ,the heat may
have damaged them ,they just dont look right ,it looks like a E-clip there ,an the shoes are up against
it!

It looks like your flywheel is not centered.
That sounds rly bad. How does it look like that? It looks fine to me but maybe I'm wrong. I can provide more pictures from other angles in a bit

Yea ,I would do the aluminum ,in which I do use!

Your clutch shoes may appear or look ok ,but those shoes simply dont last long ,in time they will crack
from heat or heat up an quit grabbing!

Back